Review by Kiagewinnie -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kiagewinnie
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kiagewinnie.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Review by Kiagewinnie -- Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Kiagewinnie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon is a novel full of adventure, mystery and drama which takes place in the Olympic Peninsula in the Washington area. It is a story of Sarah who goes to live with her grandmother but she left under the care of her grandfather (Tom Olsen) who was planning a hike of the Olympic nation park to go and visit his grandfather’s grave with the help of his Native Americans friends William and his daughter Myra.

They begrudgingly take her along with trip and when they reach the camp Tom shows them an artifact he had picked decades ago at the park and then Sarah shows her talented nature by drawing a short faced bear but no one believes her because they are extinct and later disappears with the artifact and they go searching for her for eight days and later appears during a storm hurt, hungry and tired. She then tells them a part of what had happened to her while she was away and promise to tell the rest of the story later when she was ready.

The book has a detailed description of events that happen hence easily visualizing them like the dream of Sarah and the case where the landscapes of the trail are described. I loved reading this book as it brought about the different legends that exist about the people’s origin. The book brings out the characters of the people clearly, like a Sarah she is brought out as a strong person who believes in herself when no one else would making her prove herself to the grandfather as well the sailors in her dream. The ending is pretty sudden which leaves the audience in a somewhat dilemma.

I would recommend the readers to read this book because of its mysterious and adventures nature making it suitable for all the age groups. This book is one of those many books you wouldn’t want to put down as you keep yearning to know what happens next.

I would rate this book 4 OUT OF 4 STARS because the flow is really good plot making it easy to follow through the book but there is a sudden unexpected shift between the main story and what happens to be Sarah’s dream is not clearly brought out bringing a little bit of confusion, plus the timeline of the dream is of months and she was gone for only eight days.

Review by Kiage Winnie

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kiagewinnie's review? Post a comment saying so!
sunshinedee
Currently Reading: The Emerald City of Oz
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by sunshinedee »

I like this book.It tells us not to be weighed down by other's negative feedback but to always be optimistic in what we believe it's right.This book "Strong Heart" is awesome and also the author Charlie Sheldon gives us an inspiration and encouragement to push our goals and talents to help others have a self-esteem and determined heart and mind despite other's criticism.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I like your succinct review of the book. It quickly caught my attention and made me interested in the book. Do you write your reviews in a word processing program? I would suggest you turn on the grammar check to prevent run on sentences and help with punctuation. Other than that, this is a great review!
Kiagewinnie

Post by Kiagewinnie »

Thanks i would work on that
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Thanks for your review. I also like Sarah and how her character was developed throughout the book. I hope the author writes a sequel so we can learn more of these characters. Thanks.
Morganncall
Favorite Book: Exemplary Tales of Love and Tales of Disillusion
Currently Reading: Daughter of Fortune
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-morganncall.html
Latest Review: Puffy and the Formidable Foe by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Morganncall »

Thank you for that thoughtful review! I also loved the book, and I bet we would have similar taste in literature. What other books would you recommend if I liked this one? I know I have a few in mind that you might like.
Kiagewinnie

Post by Kiagewinnie »

I have not been reading books lately but i will inform you when I come across one

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”