Review by ebethina -- The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Review by ebethina -- The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the ...

Post by ebethina »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In The Elf Legacy book 5 of The Magi Charter series by Jordan David there is magic, mystery, suspense, drama, and romance. The elf Runes were introduced in the previous books and continue on in this story. The elves have their first Christmas Ball and the reindeer games proceed as usual. Creature Kramus returns to harass santa. There is a fight between a dragon and a hawk.

An elf named Katherine is the department head of the Elf Guild. Elf Anna would meet with Katherine to assist with placing of elves or to give opinions on various topics. The Guilt department is responsible for looking after the welfare of the elves. New elves are recruited and tested to see which department they are best suited for. Anna is called in to see Katherine on a particular matter that even Santa Juvenescent is certain she wil be able to help with. She was given what is called "The Accord." The Accord is a contract that all elves sign when they come to the North Pole. The reason why it was given to her to read is because most of the elves cannot spell their own names. Anna is asked to teach 209 elves to read and write. Anna is going to do whatever she can to make that happen.

Merlin, a very powerful elf, promotes Tetsu and Emiko to Rune Masters. Merlin announces he is leaving to find something more. Only he won't tell them what and it has them worried he may never come back. Elf Hilda that used to work with Tetsu and Emiko, graduated to a doctor. Meanwhile, Tetsu wanders off to explore in the jungle using the portals. While in the jungle alone, Tetsu notices the power system is failing. When he is trying to figure out what is wrong, he finds Emiko working privately by herself with a creature Tetsu believes is a demon. Tetsu is worried Emiko could be a threat to the North Pole and tries to find a way to get help to get rid of her permanently.

One thing I did not like about this book is not having one main santa. There were lots of santas mentioned, but I was still able to follow in the story the role each santa played. It would have been nice to follow from the previous santa into a new santa instead of a multiple of santas. I did find errors and misspelled words again. However, there were not quite as many this time. The author did a better job of maintaining the errors in this story.

I enjoyed reading about the main elves. It helped to keep the main characters in the story to be able to follow the plot easier. I did notice a lot of the elves mentioned in the stories from book three, two, and one were not mentioned. Two main characters in this story were from the previous book four that took place years before book three. Adding more of a variety like the fight between the dragon and hawk mentioned above made the story exciting and thrilling. The author did a good job adding new variances to keep the story entertaining.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. This is because of the errors and I would have liked to have also seen more characters from book three than book four to make more sense. I see more potential for this series and highly recommend it to anyone. It is a long story but a very easy read. I'm looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

The Elf Legacy - Book Five of the Magi Charter
View: on Bookshelves

Like ebethina's review? Post a comment saying so!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Book 6 is enjoyable as well. There isn't quite so much changing of Santas. The part involving the world's fair was my favorite in book 6.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html

Post by ebethina »

That is good to know. I am hoping I will get the opportunity to review book 6. I would like to finish the series.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”