Review by Kkitkatgirl -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksha-rakhecha.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Review by Kkitkatgirl -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Raksha Rakhecha »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak is a fictional book written by Lincoln Cole. It is an action-packed paranormal thriller which is a set-up for a larger story. The book justifies its title.

The main reason to read this book was that I wanted to know if I enjoyed reading a different genre or not. And I wasn’t disappointed. Lincoln has done a wonderful job.

There are two main characters, Abigail and Hatim. Apart from that, there are supporting characters like Arthur and Frieda. The plus point of this book is that there are only a few characters in the book which a reader can easily follow.

I loved Abigail’s character. A badass girl who hunts demons. She is a strong female figure. On the other hand, Hatim is a normal boy, a blogger who writes about spirituality. A very normal character. The story turns interesting when these two personalities discover more about each other.

In my opinion, the best chapters are the ones which contain the action scenes, such as fighting, chasing or shooting at someone. These scenes were so specific that the entire thing read like a screenplay.

The demons in the book are well narrated. The author has beautifully described the action between the demons and Abigail. I could perfectly visualize it. It was like watching an action movie in your mind while reading the book. In my opinion, this book can be turned into a nice movie.

I could link Abigail’s appearance with American fictional character Catwoman but for Hatim, I do not have any image of his appearance in my mind. I would have really appreciated it if there was more about the appearance of the characters. I hope to know more about the lives of Abigail, Hatim, and Arthur in the next part of the series.

There were a few questions which were left unanswered like Arthur’s backstory, the interaction between Abigail and Aram Malhotra and the artifact. The book does not contain any major grammatical or typographical errors.

I must say that the author is very smart. He chose just the right words to describe each scene of the chapter. I could feel the thrill, terror, guilt, and action through his words. The book kept me interested. It felt like I want to read more and more.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because it could keep up my curiosity and I enjoyed reading it. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes reading a paranormal thriller. If you haven’t read this genre and want to try, then go for it. This book will not disappoint you.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Kkitkatgirl's review? Post a comment saying so!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Welcome to paranormal thrillers! Sounds like you really enjoyed this one. The author does an excellent job of maintaining the reader's interest with all the romance and suspense. Great review.
Raksha Rakhecha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raksha-rakhecha.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Raksha Rakhecha »

kdstrack wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 21:47 Welcome to paranormal thrillers! Sounds like you really enjoyed this one. The author does an excellent job of maintaining the reader's interest with all the romance and suspense. Great review.
Thank you 😊

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”