Review by Book Huntress -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Huntress
Currently Reading: Fallen Thief
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-huntress.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by Book Huntress -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Book Huntress »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Raven’s Peak by Lincoln Cole is a novel that will take you to the dark side of this world with its hellish plot and twists.

Abigail is on a mission of bringing down a cult named The Ninth Circle especially on killing the leader of it. Everything is working according to her plan until someone came into the picture and makes her do more tasks. But, she didn’t expect that there’s more to it.

Haatim is someone who lost his faith in God after her sister died of cancer. Trying to do something new to get over the death of his sister, he accepted the job offered to him without him knowing that he is already entering a dangerous zone where he can’t turn his back now that he knows what dark and frightful creatures he was dealing with.

Later on, Abigail and Haatim, both find themselves investigating what weird and suspicious events might be happening around the town of Raven’s Peak. But, Abigail didn’t expect that going to that place will reconnect her to her missing memories where she had last seen her father, Arthur. Determined to find an answer as to where her father might be, she and Haatim will find and discover more horrible things that surround the Raven’s Peak.

This is definitely my cup of tea! The author delivers a magnificent story about the darker world that hooked me up since I started reading this book. He was able to give me an enjoyable and thrilling ride to have a peek into various tales of different religions that talk about demons. His writing style also makes me read this book easily and fast in just one sitting. I really like it when the author can successfully pull the readers inside the story and make them feel like they are with the protagonist and were with them during their journey.

The characters were all diverse and flawed. I like how they develop as the story goes and that is what I’m mostly after with the books I’m reading – to see a better development in the characters and not to see them changed to worst as I read the book. I really like Haatim and Abigail. They both have their own strength and weakness and I think, they match each other perfectly.

Everything is magnificent for me even if there were a couple of typos that caught my attention but since I am really into demonology and I am enjoying reading this novel, I was able to ignore them. The book also ended on a cliffhanger and it just gave hints that Abigail and Haatim will be entering a much dangerous adventure where more secrets reside. This excites me more because I know that Abigail now has some clues up in her sleeves in finding where her father is but what will she and Haatim do if more walls have started to build in the path they need to walk on?

I am giving the author a thumb up for writing this novel. After reading this novel, I’m flared up again to read another book and of course, it would be the second book in this series, Raven’s Fall. With that said, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this thrilling and interesting fast-paced horror book to people who are into dark and creepy things that involve demons but beware that this book also has some gory scenes that might disturb you.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Book Huntress's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

You really enjoyed his book - in one sitting! A very encouraging review. Thanks.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

Great review! I also really loved the flawed characters - I hate when the heroes are too perfect.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”