Review by The Researcher -- Curve Couture by H M Irwing

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by The Researcher -- Curve Couture by H M Irwing

Post by The Researcher »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Curve Couture by H. M. Irwing is a romantic erotica which revolves around two protagonists, Claire and Erin. Claire is a beautiful and passionate person, but she also deals with several insecurities regarding her body. She works as an agent for her sister who is a top-notch model. Tired with her sister’s manipulations, she decides to take her life into her own control and approaches the other main character of this book, Erin.

Erin is a model turned agent and Claire finds him extremely attractive. Erin could also be called ‘His Hotness’, the way he has been described in the novel. You have to read the book to truly appreciate the nomenclature I have assigned to Erin. So, moving on with the story, Claire tries to pass on her agentship to Erin but instead got a modelling career for herself. How she manages to transform into a hot sex-symbol and how she frees herself from the clutches of her selfish sister is a story worth reading.

Regarding the characters in the book, I found that they need more work. Claire is a sweet character and possesses a strong character. Despite her insecurities regarding her body figure, she takes up the challenge of becoming a model. However, there were times when I felt that she gave in to some situations easily, especially if the situation involved ‘His Hotness’, Erin. Erin is also a likable character but only to an extent. In the initial phase of the story, he appeared to be a person who will get his way in any manner. I was really impressed by his obsession, but later on it became quite irksome. I could not make myself justify his unpredictable sexual behaviour in the face of jealousy. The other characters in the book failed to make any impression on me.

Overall, I found the book a good read, but there are some issues with the flow of the story. The novel started with a bang and promised a very sensual, tense and unique plot, but around the middle it became a little sluggish and repetitive. I have to stop myself from skipping the pages which contained repetitive kinds of sexual scenes. Approaching the end, I found everything happening in the book in a very convenient and easy manner. I was wondering where the big bang moment has gone. Could I have overlooked it? But then I realized that the ‘WOW’ factor is missing in the concluding phase of the novel. I also noticed that in one or two places the sentence structure was jumbled due to its extra-long length and I had to read those sentences twice or thrice. However, it is a good novel and people who have a liking for romance with an erotic nature will sure enjoy it.

I give Curve Couture by H. M. Irwing 3 out of 4 stars. One star has been deducted for the reasons I explained in the previous paragraph. I recommend this book to romance and erotica lovers with a word of caution for the younger readers as the book contains explicit sexual content.

Curve Couture
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like The Researcher's review? Post a comment saying so!
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

It is nice to read your review since I'm a little over halfway in this book and need to write a review of my own. I found the complete lack of character development annoying and the sexual situations completely unsatisfying and poorly written. Claire is completely bi-polar when it comes to dealing with people and is more annoying than anything else.
The Researcher

Post by The Researcher »

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Once you write the review, it will be interesting to read your views on this book.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Spirit Wandering
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... bastian</a>
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spirit-wandering.html
Latest Review: JOURNEY - Becoming the Dream Walker by T.N. Bui

Post by Spirit Wandering »

I like books with good character development so I think I will pass on this one. Thanks for the review.
Interested in books that help one's spirit move beyond the ordinary.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Thanks for the review. It is sad the initial bang so fizzled out. I will keep off!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
The Researcher

Post by The Researcher »

Cotwani wrote:Thanks for the review. It is sad the initial bang so fizzled out. I will keep off!
Yeah, I was also little disappointed on witnessing such a conclusion.
Dr Nefarious
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-nefarious.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Dr Nefarious »

Thank you for this enjoyable and well-argued review.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
The Researcher

Post by The Researcher »

Dr Nefarious wrote:Thank you for this enjoyable and well-argued review.
Thank you Dr. Nefarious.
CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

The Researcher wrote:Yes, my thoughts exactly. Once you write the review, it will be interesting to read your views on this book.
I just got done my own review of Curve Couture. When you get a chance, let me know what you think of it!
ReyvrexQuestor Reyes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 5">Raven's Peak</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reyvrexquestor-reyes.html
Latest Review: Journey by Lindsay Schuster
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by ReyvrexQuestor Reyes »

This is an interesting book, despite the erotic scenes, or maybe because of it. The informative substance has been passed on to your review for us to have some idea about the book's contents. But I think the full enjoyment will be had upon the actual reading. Thanks.
"In the beginning was the word.........John 1:1"
...To delineate the times that lovers miss,
...A thousand dreams can't beat a single kiss.

-reyvrex (Love Sonnet 107)
Marylynn
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marylynn.html
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles

Post by Marylynn »

The book seems like an interesting read. Wonderful review.
Latest Review: "McDowell" by William H. Coles
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: A taste of Cuba by Birgitte R&oslash;ddik

Post by Yoli García »

I like reading some erotica and romance books. This one sounds like it started strong. Too bad it looses its sparkle by the end. Thanks for the review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

The cover is the book shows that the book definitely has erotic scenes. One would expect the author to describe them though.
But the scenes would not be ideal if they are repetitive. They water down the thrill of the book.
Though the book is not my type, I have enjoyed reading your review.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

Thanks for the review - I don't normally read this genre so I will pass. However, I enjoyed reading your thoughts about it.
The Researcher

Post by The Researcher »

Paul78 wrote: 14 Jan 2018, 01:26 The cover is the book shows that the book definitely has erotic scenes. One would expect the author to describe them though.
But the scenes would not be ideal if they are repetitive. They water down the thrill of the book.
Though the book is not my type, I have enjoyed reading your review.
Thank you Paul78 for your appreciation.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”