Review by BoyLazy -- Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by BoyLazy -- Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's...

Post by BoyLazy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We are often tricked by television shows related to health and fitness. They make us believe that their products are the best for our health. In fact, their only intention is to earn money. Our health is not a priority for them. "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" is a book from the non-fiction genre written by Dr. Morton E. Tavel. He is an experienced physician and cardiologist. He gives us good advice and tips for good health and wellness. It also breaks the age old myths and tries to spread some awareness. By reading this book we can be aware of such tricks and take good care of our health.

One of the most popular topics of losing weight is explained nicely in this. Nowadays there are a lot of commercials showing us inappropriate ways to lose weight. Here we learn the best ways without harming our body. We learn to master the body clock to eat, sleep and work more efficiently. Before reading this book I believed that chocolate does only harm to my body, but here I learned the importance of chocolate intake to boost brain power. I came to know the difference between good and bad fat. This book is informative and practical.

The facts presented in the book are supported with data. Thus, at no point do we have to google out the validity of the facts. It has been explained properly so that even a layperson can understand easily. It is an eye opener and should be taken seriously. Some harmful activities are known and still allowed by the government. These should be stopped.

This much information is not present on the internet. It has details about a lot of things and helps in getting us out of bad habits. The author presents the facts in a way that it never becomes boring and is interesting to read. It is so relatable that you will not be able to stop reading this book.

We can read this book more than once to gain some good habits for a healthy life. I rate this book a 3 out of 4. I strongly believe that the book is interesting where people are able to relate to the topics. Some of the topics were not related to my style of living, thus I found them a little boring. A few common facts like BMI related information and passive smoking are known to all and easily available on the internet. Some parts of the book could have been written in brief to make it more interesting. Read this book if you care about your health.

Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BoyLazy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Indeed the book is very informative and practical, I like your review you did justice to what the book stands for.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Gifty Naa Akushia wrote:Indeed the book is very informative and practical, I like your review you did justice to what the book stands for.
Thanks so much..
Boy Lazy

Lincolnshirelass
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

VERY nice to hear chocolate isn't such a bad guy but I still suspect I have other unhealthy habits mentioned here!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
Lincolnshirelass

Post by Lincolnshirelass »

VERY nice to hear chocolate isn't such a bad guy but I still suspect I have other unhealthy habits mentioned here!
An Eye for an Eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

Lincolnshirelass wrote:VERY nice to hear chocolate isn't such a bad guy but I still suspect I have other unhealthy habits mentioned here!
I heard chocolate is iron rich.. you have a good signature buddy ??
Thanks for the comment..
Boy Lazy

Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

BoyLazy wrote:
Lincolnshirelass wrote:VERY nice to hear chocolate isn't such a bad guy but I still suspect I have other unhealthy habits mentioned here!
Thanks for the comment..
This is the best tip I have heard in ages. Now I have a guilt-free source of iron! Thanks for the review, and for this great find!!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
LivreAmour217
Favorite Author: Too many to count
Favorite Book: Ditto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 294
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-livreamour217.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by LivreAmour217 »

I have read this book, and I must say that you have done it justice! I enjoyed reading your review!
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

LivreAmour217 wrote:I have read this book, and I must say that you have done it justice! I enjoyed reading your review!
Thanks. Feels great to get appreciation from previous member of the month.

-- 17 Nov 2017, 14:05 --
Cotwani wrote:
BoyLazy wrote:
Thanks for the comment..
This is the best tip I have heard in ages. Now I have a guilt-free source of iron! Thanks for the review, and for this great find!!
Ha ha.. time to get some iron?
Boy Lazy

CommMayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

Interesting review. As soon as I started your review I was wondering if the author would touch on the big fat debate that is going on right now. Looks like he did. I was surprised when I saw that you only rated it a 3 out of 4 since you didn't have anything negative to say until after you gave the rating.
BoyLazy

Post by BoyLazy »

CommMayo wrote:Interesting review. As soon as I started your review I was wondering if the author would touch on the big fat debate that is going on right now. Looks like he did. I was surprised when I saw that you only rated it a 3 out of 4 since you didn't have anything negative to say until after you gave the rating.
Thanks for the comment..
Yes it is nice in general. But reviews are opinions off a single person. If it was written in a way that I could relate more then I would have definitely given 4 stars ?✡️
Boy Lazy

Medha Jha
Currently Reading:

Post by Medha Jha »

Nice review. This book was nice and informative.
Poornima
Currently Reading: Burn Zones
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by Poornima »

I too strongly believe that we are mis-lead by TV commercials. Great review. Keep it up :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”