Review by MG0017 -- Yesterday by Samyann

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MG0017
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mg0017.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Review by MG0017 -- Yesterday by Samyann

Post by MG0017 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Yesterday" by Samyann.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a fiction book, it's focus is on the problems that face relationships. In this book, the relationship I would like to highlight is the one between Amanda and Mark. In their relationship they both realized that they had an extra ordinary attachment to one another. Due to this fact, they fell in love and had to undergo the Past Life Therapy and a couple of regression sessions. These sessions gave them a sound knowledge of their past lives.

Amanda is a little girl called Bonnie in her past life. She was living with her parents and her cousin Jack. The author displayed great talent in enumerating time shifts, much similar to science fiction's time travel, but in a philosophical manner. The description of the past events and people is captivating and can lure any reader to the trap of inquisitiveness of how the preceding events will unfold.

It is really an interesting read, the therapy sessions seem so real to the participants personalities and existence. The sessions ensure that the participants take a mental walk through different periods of his or her life, reaching out to different doors with different numbers, coupled with the choices they have to make on which door of their lives to open. I personally admired the exclusive confrontation Amanda had with her younger self and the subsequent impact it had on her present state of mind, right up to her future life.

This book emphasized the importance of caring, patience and understanding between couples whether married or not. The thing is we have to learn to tolerate each other, as nobody is perfect. Lack of these factors tend to cause serious damages to happy homes, relationships and unions( between two people in love). Culture, religion, education, talents, skills, wealth and fame will amount to nothing without the aforementioned elements.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because apart from entertaining its readers with a good story that is rich in drama, romance, suspense and action, it also informs us of slave trade, the cultural orientation and how the people of the past interact. I think it is good to mention here that the bulk of the European slave traders that exploited the African continent, rip off its material and human resources. The human labor trafficked from Africa, worked on plantations. Decades later some slaves were given education and subsequently freed.

Yesterday
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MG0017's review? Post a comment saying so!
Job Njoroge
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge »

Great review I loved it. I also read the book and reviewed it and agree with you. It deserves a perfect 4 star
dawuddustin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dawuddustin »

Past life stories are really interesting to read
MG0017
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mg0017.html

Post by MG0017 »

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”