Review by mumoscar -- Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by mumoscar -- Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by mumoscar »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger is a children's novel that will keep kids engrossed in a story that demonstrates love, kindness and the relationship with people who aren't like us. Kathleen (Bamma) is a retired Third-grade teacher at the Grand Ridge School, in Grand Ridge. Illinois. Her husband, Beau, is a retired farmer and enjoyed working in his spacious gardens caring for his flowers.

While working outside, farmer Beau noticed six little kittens near his garage. He watched in awe as the precious kittens pranced about in the lilies, turning his flower garden into a playground. As Bamma sat in the courtyard sipping coffee with Farmer Beau while they watched the unfolding performance, the occurrence inspired her to write this novel. However, as days went by, one by one, five kittens left the farm leaving the couple saddened. Farmer Beau constructed a house for the remaining kitten, and they both named it Kailey. One day, as Kailey played around, she wondered curiously in the garden and became friends with Sammy Bunny.

When Beau decided to bring something unusual on the farm, it dawned on Kailey and Sammy that Beau's farm was not as ordinary as they thought. They began to worry because they weren't sure whether they wanted something different that might push them out of the beautiful farm.

This is an educative and motivating story with charming characters that keep the reader yearning for more. At first, the farm is without much activity as the author paints Beau's picture tending flowers and Bamma occupied in knitting and baking, in the reader's mind. As Beau's farm starts flourishing with more life, Kathleen makes sure that each character she adds teaches the reader a few life lessons. I found the choice of animals well-thought-of to depict our dissimilarities and our relationship with people who aren't like us.

The themes portrayed in the novel are relationship, affection, and kindness, which the author demonstrates clearly in a simple writing style that makes the message easy to understand. As humans, we show affection and kindness to friends with regard to their looks rather than the help they require from us. What I learned from this book is that we shouldn't be worried while in the midst of people who are different from us because every friend we get can add value to our lives.

I rate this novel 4 out of 4 stars for a well-developed plot that runs smoothly over the different settings, with no grammar or spelling mistakes. I recommend this novel to parents of kids aged between 3 and 7. The novel has attractive pictures that will enable the kids to remember the story's lessons after reading. Nevertheless, kids above 7 years may not enjoy reading the novel.

Farmer Beau's Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like mumoscar's review? Post a comment saying so!
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I really like that you include a suggested age range in your review. I wouldn't have thought to do that.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

This is a nice children's book that will educate them well. You have done a good review of it and i hope many will buy it for the kids.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review! The book with illustrated pictures makes a nice read for kids.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
kwahu
Favorite Author: Kathleen Geiger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwahu.html
Latest Review: The Ripples Spread by Fay Spurgin
fav_author_id: 73488

Post by kwahu »

Am glad you enjoyed reading the book. It's indeed a cute little book for kids to learn. I read the book a while ago and I loved it.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen

Post by mumoscar »

Thank you all for reading my review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I enjoy children's books and this one did not disappoint. I like that you recommend it to parents. I hadn't thought about that angle.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
EVANSO
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by EVANSO »

Sound like a nice book to help keep the young ones busy. Nice review.
mandalee519
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandalee519.html
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell
Reading Device: B00IOVUXL8

Post by mandalee519 »

I absolutely love children books that offer a great lesson. In your first paragraph, you did a great job of describing what the theme of the book is. This is helpful to parents looking for books that are beneficial to their child. I love the level of detail you use in your review and it really allows the reader to understand what to expect before they open the book
Latest Review: "Purgatory a rockstars journey into hell" by Jennifer Nickell

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”