Review by vaz222 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vaz222
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vaz222.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by vaz222 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by vaz222 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The 11.05 Murders, by Brian O’Hare, is a fantastic murder mystery about multiple killings and the roller-coaster ride of events to piece the clues together. The story follows Sergeant Denise Stewart, a detective who lives and works in Ireland, as she helps her team solve the case. After trouble at her last job, she gets promoted and lands a new job. Here she meets DCI Jim Sheehan and Detective Tom Allen. She finds comfort in knowing that her new co-workers are so supportive and accepting of her.

Each murder happens on different Tuesdays at 11:05 p.m. Every clue leads to more confusion and questions. There ends up being several different leads in the case. The investigation goes on and on which leaves each page more suspenseful and intriguing. The clock is ticking. Sergeant Denise Stewart goes above and beyond with her dedication to her work and shines in her new workplace. Thanks to her help, things become clearer. With DCI Sheehan as their leader, they make a perfect team.

One thing that is wonderful about this book is that the characters each have their own uniqueness.They each have big personalities and I find that appealing. By the end of the book I felt close to each character and felt like I was cheering them on. Many times while reading I felt proud of Denise. I will definitely be looking into buying more books from this same author. I love how effortlessly the story unfolds and how surprised I felt. The story itself felt more exciting and dramatic to me than other mystery books. It was a bit more creative than most of the books I have read because of the way everything fits together and falls into place in the end. There were times when I was asking myself “How did the author come up with this?”.

One thing I didn’t like about this book was that it is the second book out of a two book series. I would have preferred to read the first book out of the series first had I known that it existed. Other than that, I loved reading this story. It kept me engaged and thinking about every possible ending. At one point in the story I thought it would be impossible to get to the bottom of the mystery. I was pleasantly surprised to see how it all came together and made sense towards the end.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I truly enjoyed reading it. I was able to finish reading this book fairly quickly because it’s quite a page-turner. I loved how it kept me guessing the whole time about who could be behind the killings. The twists and turns in this book are truly incredible. The book was written so descriptively that I could clearly see the story in my mind like a movie. The ending was pretty great too. The book is most definitely not suitable for children because it is graphic. Any adult who likes murder mysteries would probably enjoy reading this.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like vaz222's review? Post a comment saying so!

-- 18 Nov 2017, 17:33 --

If anyone has any questions about this book or my review, please ask!
Sagamore74
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sagamore74 »

Very nice review!!
vaz222
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vaz222.html

Post by vaz222 »

Sagamore74 wrote:Very nice review!!
Thank you so much!!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Well done. Sounds like you enjoyed the book and finished it quite rapidly. I agree with your comment about the graphic scenes. Nice job.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”