Review by kenkomercy -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kenkomercy
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenkomercy.html
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman

Review by kenkomercy -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat

Post by kenkomercy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R. F. Kristi is an interesting children's book. It follows the adventures of Inca, a Siberian cat and her fellow cats and dogs. Inca dreams of becoming a well-known detective. When late Mr. Fletcher's will gets missing and Ned faces eviction from the house he inherited, Inca gets her first big job. Her quest to solve this mystery would introduce the reader to the cats and dogs of her neighborhood and their human owners.

The messages in Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R. F. Kristi are simple yet important. The main themes are family and love. Inca and her fellow cats and dogs together with their human owners are like one big happy family. There is honest love and concern for one another. From the disappearance of Raoul to late Mr. Fletcher's missing will, there is honest show of compassion and an unflinching support. Hard work is another theme that is explored in this book. The way Inca worked to solve the case of the missing will was commendable. She put in lots of time and efforts to solve the mystery. Children could learn such virtues .

The characters in this book are interesting and well developed. Though they are many characters (about fifteen), they are all unique and just as important. They are also very relatable. From the caring Missy (Inca's mom), to the greedy bully, Cyril (also known as Stinky Porkster), most people would relate to them. I love the way Boss (guard dog of Cyril and Ned), evolved from hating cats to respecting them.

The illustrations in Diary of a Snoopy Cat are very beautiful. There is balance between cartoonish and realistic characteristics in each image making the illustrations appealing and interesting for various age groups. Each picture contains a good amount of details to keep readers entertained and curious. The emotions of the various characters (humans and animals) are brought to live in the illustrations. The book's text is separate from the illustrations, so there's nothing to take away from how cute they are.

The language used throughout this story is simplistic, and the narrative is structured in short, manageable sentences. The book has more text than most children's book. The font in the PDF version I downloaded was larger and spacious, making reading a whole lot easier. As young readers develop their skills, this is a book they could read on their own with little help from adults.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a short and interesting book. I found no grammatical error. I would recommend this book to children between 4-10 years. However, the lessons in this book are universal so everyone should read it. Animal lovers and people who love detective stories would adore this book.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kenkomercy's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman
Waragu Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 472
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waragu-samuel.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Waragu Samuel »

This is a great review. Thanks. Regarding this book under review, i must say that it is very short, only 76 standard pages, making it children-friendly as well as lazy-readers friendly. Thanks.
“If things start happening, don't worry, don't stew, just go right along and you'll start happening too.”~Dr. Theodor Seuss Geisel (1904-1991)
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

My nephew is confined to home because of an illness and he misses it. But he has one friend who has such a great imagination. This little one has him on such adventures that I think this book would appeal to both of them. I will definitely be getting it for my sister so she can read it to all 3 of the kids.
Miss_BeckyG
Currently Reading: Behind Broken Glass Walls
Bookshelf Size: 1129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-beckyg.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Miss_BeckyG »

This sounds like a wonderful children's book. I did enjoy your review and thanks to today's free giveaway my niece and nephew will enjoy the story too.
“ Ego says, "Once everything falls into place, I'll feel peace." Spirit says "Find your peace, and then everything will fall into place." ”
Marianne Williamson
kate_nguyen
Currently Reading: Alexis Zorba
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-nguyen.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by kate_nguyen »

Cute detective cat with hilarious stories, need this positive and cute energy in my life! It's great that it's free now, gonna read it soon :D
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I really enjoyed the themes you highlight as found in this book. I also thought the author portrayed positive attitudes and characteristics for young readers. Also agree with your comments about the illustrations. Great job.
Carmen-17
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carmen-17.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Carmen-17 »

It was a pleasure to read such a well articulated review. I agree that children (and
furry friends) should possess many of the values and skilled referred to in one paragraph. Thank you for sharing.
Egarcia87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-egarcia87.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Egarcia87 »

This is a superb review! I can clearly see why you chose to give it the highest rating and I was considering it myself. There was a few issues that prevented me from doing so and if you are interested in reading my review and posting feedback I would appreciate it. Thank you.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

kenkomercy wrote: 10 Nov 2017, 18:16 [Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R. F. Kristi is an interesting children's book. It follows the adventures of Inca, a Siberian cat and her fellow cats and dogs. Inca dreams of becoming a well-known detective. When late Mr. Fletcher's will gets missing and Ned faces eviction from the house he inherited, Inca gets her first big job. Her quest to solve this mystery would introduce the reader to the cats and dogs of her neighborhood and their human owners.

The messages in Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R. F. Kristi are simple yet important. The main themes are family and love. Inca and her fellow cats and dogs together with their human owners are like one big happy family. There is honest love and concern for one another. From the disappearance of Raoul to late Mr. Fletcher's missing will, there is honest show of compassion and an unflinching support. Hard work is another theme that is explored in this book. The way Inca worked to solve the case of the missing will was commendable. She put in lots of time and efforts to solve the mystery. Children could learn such virtues .

The characters in this book are interesting and well developed. Though they are many characters (about fifteen), they are all unique and just as important. They are also very relatable. From the caring Missy (Inca's mom), to the greedy bully, Cyril (also known as Stinky Porkster), most people would relate to them. I love the way Boss (guard dog of Cyril and Ned), evolved from hating cats to respecting them.

The illustrations in Diary of a Snoopy Cat are very beautiful. There is balance between cartoonish and realistic characteristics in each image making the illustrations appealing and interesting for various age groups. Each picture contains a good amount of details to keep readers entertained and curious. The emotions of the various characters (humans and animals) are brought to live in the illustrations. The book's text is separate from the illustrations, so there's nothing to take away from how cute they are.

The language used throughout this story is simplistic, and the narrative is structured in short, manageable sentences. The book has more text than most children's book. The font in the PDF version I downloaded was larger and spacious, making reading a whole lot easier. As young readers develop their skills, this is a book they could read on their own with little help from adults.

Overall, I would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was a short and interesting book. I found no grammatical error. I would recommend this book to children between 4-10 years. However, the lessons in this book are universal so everyone should read it. Animal lovers and people who love detective stories would adore this book.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like kenkomercy's review? Post a comment saying so!
I also reviewed this text and I am in full agreement with you that the readership extends beyond children to an adult who just wants to relax with a quick short and entertaining story.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

I am very amused with the idea in this book that cats becoming detective and feel that children will surely like this book.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”