Review by Mnyazi -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mnyazi
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mnyazi.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Review by Mnyazi -- Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Mnyazi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book is a children's book in the adventure and mystery category. Diary of a snoopy cat follows Inca, a Siberian kitty, in her pursuit to become the greatest detective kitty that ever was known and with her friends by her side heads out to solve her second mystery and you'll have to read to find out if she was successful or not.

This story begins with a sneak peek at Inca's family tree and I couldn't help but be reminded of my own family and with such accurate descriptions and led me to think don't we have at least two or even all characters in our families.

Curiosity may kill the cat for Inca who is shown to be fearless, loyal and though a bit narcissistic kind to her family and friends, may just get stardom with her nosiness. Diary of a snoopy cat is a definite page turner and will probably have your kids going to bed more obediently just to get a continuation of this story each night, of course until you finish reading it to them and they go back to being their cute naughty selves.

This story reminds me of my childhood and all the trouble I'd get into with my friends and siblings (luckily we weren't often caught,he he). I probably won't be looking at animals the same way again as I imagine this story and the possibility of it being true somewhere in the world.

There isn't any particular thing I hate about this book except the fact I don't have the whole series at the ready. I just ended up falling in love with the story and the characters with all their quirks and was actually quite sad when I got to the end.

I give this story a 4 out of 4 stars for the fact I couldn't put this book down till I solved the mystery with them and the fact it took me back to my childhood of sweet holiday fun with friends and siblings.

I recommend this book for those looking g for a story that their child will want to read over and over again and of course as a bed time story. To those who want to let their imagination run wild with the story and go on a journey with Inca and company.

R.F.Kristi wrote this story and the wonderful illustrations were done Jorje Valle and this is probably a match made in heaven and hope for more in the snoopy cat series.

Diary of a Snoopy Cat
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mnyazi's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi
sunshinedee
Currently Reading: The Emerald City of Oz
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by sunshinedee »

A great review!! I like this book Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi.A fun and enjoyable book for children as well as adults.A wholesome book for the whole family.
CaitlinGonya
Currently Reading: Heart of Iron
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlingonya.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery by R.F. Kristi

Post by CaitlinGonya »

My nephew is confined to home because of an illness and he misses it. But he has one friend who has such a great imagination. This little one has him on such adventures that I think this book would appeal to both of them. I will definitely be getting it for my sister so she can read it to all 3 of the kids.
Amunala
Currently Reading: Vengeance (Tip of the Spear Book 2)
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amunala.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Amunala »

You've a well written review. This sounds like a cute children's book. Will Inca be successful in her pursuit to become the greatest detective kitty? Of course am grabbing my free copy to find out!
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I love how you compare Inca's adventures to things you might have done as a child. This book makes it easy for readers to relate to and laugh along with. Great review.
Italiansweety1982
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-italiansweety1982.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by Italiansweety1982 »

I just read this one. I had never read the other ones in the series. I did enjoy it, it's humorous and unique, but there are a lot of characters to keep track of! That part was difficult. Definitely a book an adult and child can read together over several nights.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”