Review by BookSeed -- Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
BookSeed
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookseed.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Review by BookSeed -- Temptation Trials Part II by B. Truly

Post by BookSeed »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In book one: It is post World War III, the year is 2036. There is one ruler who reigns over the earth, Lutheran. Lutheran's dictatorship imposes on his subjects' personal lives, as he enforces arranged marriage once they are twenty-one years old. Cali and Stefani are twenty years old, almost old enough for marriage. So, they decided to spend six weeks on Temptation Trials, to prove their love for their boyfriends can overcome any challenge. They discover strange things on the show and begin to suspect foul play. In book two: At the end of the show, they are both in love with two men. However, it is not that simple. Upon returning home, the young women battle their feelings. They take what they learned during the show to the Opposition, and it triggers a series of dramatic events. The story culminates in the discovery of their dictator leaders true plans for mankind.

Temptation Trials II is set in a futuristic utopian society. It is a science-fiction story weaved with romance and religion. Other themes that feature throughout the novel are forgiveness, suffering, pain, deception, and teamwork. In the first book, the author only hinted at some of the themes. It becomes apparent why in book two, where she lets us see the whole picture.

Truly is unique in her storytelling. There are unexpected twists and turns in the story, and so she keeps the reader guessing. I like that there is no dull moment, she sets a pace which builds momentum as the story unfolds. We experience Cali and Stefani grow and mature as the events of their lives occur. Through these main characters, we also get to personally know the supporting characters better and form bonds with them too. At the end of the story, I was so emotionally involved I was sad to finish the book as the story was clearly not over. The end of the book clearly suggests the story is to be continued and the author confirmed this suspicion by revealing she will be releasing a spin-off of the Temptation Trials in the near future.

There were quite a number of grammar and spelling errors, mostly in the second half of the book. In page 140 line 13 and 16; page 143 line 26; page 168 line 16; page 172 line 12, to specify a few. It's not clear if the book is professionally edited, so I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I found the heavy use of colloquial English reduced the weighty nature of the themes. The author should maintain the seriousness of the themes, even if the characters are young.

Temptation Trials II is a good sequel; as it addresses the pending questions raised by book one. I recommend the book to younger readers who are +18. If you are well versed in the Bible, you will be right at home, if not, you will learn something new. For those who enjoy an emotive love story, this is also for you. Due to its diverse themes, I believe this book has something for most people.

Temptation Trials Part II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like BookSeed's review? Post a comment saying so!
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

I really like this review. Normally I wouldn't read a book with this title, but your review has made me question my prejudice. :D Thank you for writing this.
BookSeed
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookseed.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by BookSeed »

Thank you so much HouseofAtticus! I understand your reservations quite well. I do hope you give it a chance.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”