Review by Mweneni -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mweneni
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mweneni.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Review by Mweneni -- From Drift to SHIFT by Jody B. Miller

Post by Mweneni »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Drift to Shift: How Change brings True Meaning and Happiness to your Work and Life by Jody B. Miller

The book cover can be deceiving, compared to the powerful inspiring message of the book. From drift to shift is a non-fiction book that can help anyone on the verge of making a much-needed change in their life. Narrating real-life stories complemented by research and age-old wisdom as found in the bible and other religions and spirituality. The book gives a deeper understanding of how the changes happen as well as how to make it last. Apart from this, Jody shares stories and hints on to how to adapt when unexpected changes eventually happen. I have enjoyed reading this book which looks at different circumstances in life that can lead one from drift to shift.

The book talks of commitment, focus and determination in adapting to any circumstance life throw at an individual. So it can easily fit in with the self-help category. The book provides a powerful description of the process involved in making a change in life. Well structured, making it an easy read; it is divided into four parts on the ‘why’, ‘when’, ‘how’ and the ‘what’ of making a lasting change. It gives an insight into how the changes occur and the process involved.

Though change is inevitable the book shows how to adjust when that change eventually happens as shown by the different characters who made a positive change against all odds.What I like most about this book is that it provides a summarized account of the discussions at the end of each chapter. This account is given as takeaways that allows one to reflect and think. This approach by the author makes the book one of those copies that can be kept at odd times in order to glance over the main points to reflect, ponder or meditate.
The stories contained in From Drift to Shift shows that worth, love and happiness are at the core of everyone’s shift, whether it be career or personal. The author notes that sustaining happiness on a lasting basis is what everyone strives for. The book set out to prove that it is not titles, money, or things but rather strong, close relationships which are the foundation of happiness in life.

The language, as well as the tone, makes the book an interesting read. The characters, as well as the dialogue, are so real that anyone undergoing change would find something to relate to. The stories are narrated in a manner that brings life to the characters. I rate this book 4 out of 4.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mweneni's review? Post a comment saying so!
HouseOfAtticus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houseofatticus.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by HouseOfAtticus »

Although this isn't my kind of book, I am really intrigued your review. I look forward to reading more of your reviews. Thank you for this.
namnomnom
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by namnomnom »

This is a wonderful review. I like such books. Sounds like its for me.
John Ayeko
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by John Ayeko »

I really like your review and it makes me think I should have done mine earlier but for my difficulty trying to navigate on the website. I found the book interesting as it relates to my life at this moment all I have to do is to make the move.
Mweneni
Currently Reading: Who Told You That You Were Naked?
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mweneni.html

Post by Mweneni »

thank you, looking forward to your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”