Review by EveS523 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EveS523
Currently Reading: Two by Two
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eves523.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Review by EveS523 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by EveS523 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Raven's Peak takes you on a journey of myth, faith, forgiveness and soul searching.

Arthur is a demon hunter. He has little faith in himself being able to control himself so he has committed himself to prison. But now he is needed and he is hesitant to help, afraid of what might happen. What he doesn’t realize is that his daughter has been taken over by a demon and he is the only one that can save her. But is it worth what he’ll lose in the process?

The Council is focused on ridding the world of bad things, like demons, and ensuring everyone’s safety. Abigail works for the Council and is hunting demons. However, the Council has been losing faith in her ever since she was possessed. They don’t think that they can rely on her to complete the tasks they give her and think she is only thinking of herself. To some degree, they may be right.

Haatim has always been brought up to believe in God and think he will do right for those that believe in him. Since Haatim’s sister died from cancer, he doesn’t know that he can have this blind belief and faith in God. He is questioning everything in his life - what he should believe in, what he should do with his life, and why his sister had to die so young.

When the paths of Abigail and Haatim suddenly collide, their worlds are both turned upside down and they each learn unexpected things, not only about each other but about themselves. They come to form a bond and to rely on one another.

Lincoln Cole has done a great job of drawing the reader into Raven’s Peak. At first I had a hard time grasping how some of the characters would be related through the story and what they were hunting as it did not seem clear that they were hunting demons. Once this was explained, the book drew me in more and more. The characters are easy to relate to on a number of levels, despite Abigail’s unconventional line of work. I think most people can relate to the struggles Haatim is facing internally. Most can relate to the struggle of searching out something you want versus doing what is asked of you. There is no confusing terminology, which I thought might happen when talking about demons and how to get rid of them. By the end of the story I could not put the book down and was desperate to find out how the story ends. Raven’s Peak is the first book in the World on Fire series and I am interested in reading the rest of the series. There are questions left unanswered with the conclusion of the story but I think that is intended to draw you into the rest of the series.

I would highly recommend this book and would rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It has been professionally edited and reviewed. I did not find any errors when going through the story which made it easier to read.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EveS523's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”