Review by Cotwani -- Randy Love...at your service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Re: Review by Cotwani -- Randy Love...at your service

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

Plot seems somehow touchy but still doesn't have that spark.
Nice review though
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 379
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Dissonance by Aaron Ryan
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

It does sound as if Randy's selfishness is laid on a bit thick, with his redemption coming as a bit of an afterthought so that the novel lacks balance. One thing that intrigues me is that he just seems to be like that, without any particular hardship or trauma that would provide an explanation if not an excuse. I'd kind of like to read about that as it does happen somehow - but I note that this book isn't a satisfying read.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Connie Otwani »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 04:13 Plot seems somehow touchy but still doesn't have that spark.
Nice review though
Yeah, I didn't find that spark too! Thanks for your comments.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

ButterscotchCherrie wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 06:26 It does sound as if Randy's selfishness is laid on a bit thick, with his redemption coming as a bit of an afterthought so that the novel lacks balance. One thing that intrigues me is that he just seems to be like that, without any particular hardship or trauma that would provide an explanation if not an excuse. I'd kind of like to read about that as it does happen somehow - but I note that this book isn't a satisfying read.
I agree with your perspective. If only the author could have spun the fact Randy's mum died when he was very young, in a way that would have built on our initial empathy, maybe we would have gotten that excuse!!

Thanks for your comments.
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

It is becoming clear that for one to excel in writing fiction novels, the characters must come out clearly and secondly, the grammar must be correct. It was quite unfortunate that the author didn't consider to get the services of a professional editor.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Paul78 wrote: 23 Jan 2018, 09:30 It is becoming clear that for one to excel in writing fiction novels, the characters must come out clearly and secondly, the grammar must be correct. It was quite unfortunate that the author didn't consider to get the services of a professional editor.
Yes, it is quite unfortunate indeed, especially because the author already pays so much to get the book published.

Thanks for your comments.
-Walt Disney
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The has many issues specially the editing. The story was interesting though but it is not properly presented. Profane language was another abhorring point. Thanks for your critical review. Feel free to check out mine.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 27 May 2018, 10:53 The has many issues specially the editing. The story was interesting though but it is not properly presented. Profane language was another abhorring point. Thanks for your critical review. Feel free to check out mine.
Thanks, Sarah, I will check out your review.
-Walt Disney
The BookWorm Nagham
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-bookworm-nagham.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by The BookWorm Nagham »

Randy sure is an interesting character, I still can't make up my mind whether I should despise him or feel sorry for him. His obliviousness to the world around him makes me want to shake some sense into him! As you said, it could be a promising book with some serious editing and some character development (for the women).
I also reviewed this book, check it out if you want.
Nma26
Currently Reading: Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nma26.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Nma26 »

I admire the story line but the run-on sentences would be a hindrance to my enjoying it.Thanks for the enlightening review.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

The BookWorm Nagham wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 04:56 Randy sure is an interesting character, I still can't make up my mind whether I should despise him or feel sorry for him. His obliviousness to the world around him makes me want to shake some sense into him! As you said, it could be a promising book with some serious editing and some character development (for the women).
I also reviewed this book, check it out if you want.
Yeah, Randy defines ambivalent! Thanks for your thoughts. I will sure check out your review!
-Walt Disney
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

Nma26 wrote: 29 Aug 2018, 09:21 I admire the story line but the run-on sentences would be a hindrance to my enjoying it.Thanks for the enlightening review.
The book needs serious editing. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts,
-Walt Disney
LaurenHaupt
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenhaupt.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by LaurenHaupt »

Thanks for the review. I've seen the book but wasn't sure about it. I'll stay away.Great review!
:techie-studyingbrown:
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:

Post by Connie Otwani »

LaurenHaupt wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 14:37 Thanks for the review. I've seen the book but wasn't sure about it. I'll stay away.Great review!
Thanks for your feedback. The book leaves a lot to be discovered!
-Walt Disney
Oulababe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oulababe.html
Latest Review: Invisible Me by H M Irwing

Post by Oulababe »

If the book doesn't have a moral lesson what's the point. If Randy were to change his irresponsible ways or go through something that will serve as a lesson to the readers I'd get the point. This book needs a lot of editing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”