Review by csimmons032 -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 716
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
2017 Reading Goal: 0
fav_author_id: 2594

Review by csimmons032 -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by csimmons032 » 29 Oct 2017, 20:28

[Following is a volunteer review of "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Book Blueprint was written by Jaqui Pretty. Many people want to write a business book, but they aren't sure where how to do it. They aren't sure if it's worth putting their time, money, and energy into it or they could even write a book. This is the author's step-by-step process on how to write a great book, even if the person has never written anything before.

This book covers many aspects on how to write a book including the idea, the content, the structure, the type of audience you are trying to reach, and many other concepts. She even talks about the editing process that authors have to go through and what can be avoided to make sure that authors don't have their books returned with half of their material taken out because it didn't make sense to the editor.

What I liked most about this book is that it covered so many different areas. I would mostly describe it as good advice for someone looking to write a business book, but there is useful information for people writing fiction books as well. I am writing and illustrating a children's book, and even I found many of the information to be helpful, and I will put it into practice. Even though I plan to self publish, it is interesting to know for future reference what the publishing process is like. I have even considered writing a fiction novel before, so this has some great ideas for me about the structure of the book. It could even be helpful in deciding how a person should promote their book by deciding what audience they are writing for. In my opinion, there is something for everyone.

I could not find anything that I disliked about the book and as far as I noticed, there were no grammatical errors. I think people looking to write a book will find something in this this book that can help them in their pursuit towards success. Even if the person isn't sure what they want to write a book about, or even if they want to write a book, this could strike up some ideas for them.

I rateBook Blueprint by Jaqui Prett 4 out of 4 stars. This book was truly enjoyable, especially considering I can be skeptical of business books. However, this took me by surprise and I think anyone looking for just a little bit of help in this area will get some helpful information in writing their book.

Book Blueprint
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like csimmons032's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”