Review by Sarah Tariq -- Puffy and the Formidable Foe

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Review by Sarah Tariq -- Puffy and the Formidable Foe

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Telling stories is a beautiful way to teach children through play. As Albert Einstein says “play is a highest form of research.” It is indeed true for the book Puffy and the Formidable Foe. The book is written for children by Marie G. Lepkowski, Ann M. Hannon and Margaret B. Hannon. The book is an inter-active learning tool and provides fun reading for kids. The authors aim to teach children moral values via story books. Moral massage conveyed through puffy’s story is a good job by authors.

Story of the Puffy and the Formidable Foe revolves around protagonist character, Puffy. Puffy was a small, naughty cat; that preferred roaming about than to stay at home. But a bad encounter with Kitty (another cat) turned him into a “good cat,” and it started playing near the house to avoid a bad incident again. The main theme of story is a moral lesson for children to obey their parents’ instructions and don’t leap in the dark; otherwise you will be in the soap like Puffy.

The book Puffy and the Formidable Foe is a 13 page colorful book, written in beautiful rhyming words, colorful pictures, drawing page and a positive message in the end which enhances the value of a book. Underline words are a big source of building up vocabulary for children. The book composition would attract children to read this book. Parents can also read the story book to teach a moral lesson to their children.

Author has made a good effort by providing standardized children literature. Authors have previously written many good books for children. This book is a good addition in it. The book contains a drawing page in the end to boost children’s drawing skills. This small, colorful and easy to read book will surely attract children to conceive the constructive massage given by the authors; which otherwise they may ignore. Owing to the positive outlook the book presents and authors effort to teach children moral values to become a good human being are worth-praising. So I rate this book 4 out of 4.

I would recommend this book to children and to parents who want to inculcate morality in their children in a light playful mood. It will develop reading habit in their children and keep them from indulging in immoral and unhealthy activities. No doubt books are the best friends and no one can take their place, especially if these books provide healthy entertainment via reading. I will conclude my review on the following quote by O. Fried Donaldson, “children learn as they play. Most importantly, in play children learn how to learn.”

Puffy and the Formidable Foe
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sarah Tariq's review? Post a comment saying so!
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

A very well written book, indeed. Did you enjoy reading it?
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Yah, I enjoyed this small Book ☺.

📕📖📰📓📕
Sonireallyam
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Sonireallyam »

Good review of this book, I think I'll pick this one.
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

I enjoyed reading this book. I love the colors, the details of the drawing and the way it is designed. My kids enjoyed reading and watching over it. nice review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Arushi Singh
Currently Reading: Walking In Blind: A Collection of Poetry
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arushi-singh.html
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite

Post by Arushi Singh »

We might have different opinions but I absolutely love your review. Beautiful! :D
Latest Review: "Drive East Until You Hit An Ocean" by J. Walter Swartz and Richard Waite
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I love the quote from Einstein. i will share it to my social media.

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars myself. Feel free to check out my review when you have time.
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Arushi Singh wrote:We might have different opinions but I absolutely love your review. Beautiful! :D
Thanks for your feedback Arushi.

📕📖📰📓📕
BoyLazy
Currently Reading: Temptation Trials Part II
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boylazy.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by BoyLazy »

I loved this one as well. The drawings were cute.
Boy Lazy
Reviewer | Blogger | Influencer

Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Izesicle wrote: 04 Nov 2017, 20:23 I love the quote from Einstein. i will share it to my social media.

I rated this book 3 out of 4 stars myself. Feel free to check out my review when you have time.
Thanks for appreciation. Sure I will check your review. Kindly provide feedback for my other reviews too.

📕📖📰📓📕
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Sarah Tariq wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 01:54 Underline words are a big source of building up vocabulary for children.
The underlining definitely gives this book a unique trait.

For me, this book scored highly for rhyming and offering the parental discussion syllabus. I was disappointed, however, with Puffy's portrayal. He was illustrated differently on most pages. Some pages he had eyelashes; some pages he did not. Some pages he had a pink nose, whereas on others it was grey or white.

Did any of you notice this? I only rated the book 3/4. Do you think the differing Puffys warranted negative impact on the score?

My review here:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=54531
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Sonireallyam wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 03:01 Good review of this book, I think I'll pick this one.
Thanks for stopping by☺.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Kalin Adi wrote: 23 Oct 2017, 11:22 A very well written book, indeed. Did you enjoy reading it?
Yes, I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for stopping by.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

readandsmile wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 07:25 I enjoyed reading this book. I love the colors, the details of the drawing and the way it is designed. My kids enjoyed reading and watching over it. nice review.
Thanks for stopping by my review.

📕📖📰📓📕
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

readandsmile wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 07:25 I enjoyed reading this book. I love the colors, the details of the drawing and the way it is designed. My kids enjoyed reading and watching over it. nice review.
Thanks for your comments.

📕📖📰📓📕

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”