Review by Shirazi Cat -- A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shirazi Cat
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shirazi-cat.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: Review by Shirazi Cat -- A Good Boy by Anthony Andre

Post by Shirazi Cat »

Thank you very much for your comment. It is a good book. I think "antics" is not a fair description of Aames' conduct. His behavior is, on the whole, rather dignified and he resists the media invasion of his church.

-- 20 Nov 2017, 13:25 --
Dr Nefarious wrote:"You've already handed over that power to the state. That's what the police is about, isn't it?"

But the point of the right to bear arms is what happens when the state is unable to protect you or is itself the threat (for example a corrupt state or a dictatorship).
This is dragging on a bit, don't you think? Let me just say that, if it is protection from an oppressive state you are seeking, handguns and rifles (and even a bazooka!) are not likely to be of much help in the era of ballistic missiles, drones, stealth aircraft and the like!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Dr Nefarious
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-nefarious.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by Dr Nefarious »

"handguns and rifles (and even a bazooka!) are not likely to be of much help in the era of ballistic missiles, drones, stealth aircraft and the like!"

That's not necessarily true (they are better than nothing after all!) In any case, I'm overlooking this and letting you have the last word!
Shirazi Cat

Post by Shirazi Cat »

Dr Nefarious wrote:"handguns and rifles (and even a bazooka!) are not likely to be of much help in the era of ballistic missiles, drones, stealth aircraft and the like!"

That's not necessarily true (they are better than nothing after all!) In any case, I'm overlooking this and letting you have the last word!
You' re not really letting me though!
Dr Nefarious

Post by Dr Nefarious »

Yes, i am!
Shirazi Cat

Post by Shirazi Cat »

Oh, no you are not!
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

This is a very thorough review. It is almost worthy of being a book report, complete with parenthetical documentation. You make this sound like quite the interesting novel. It is always a shame when careful editing is evidently lacking.
Shirazi Cat

Post by Shirazi Cat »

CommMayo wrote: 01 Dec 2017, 00:10 This is a very thorough review. It is almost worthy of being a book report, complete with parenthetical documentation. You make this sound like quite the interesting novel. It is always a shame when careful editing is evidently lacking.
Thanks, you are very kind. I did enjoy this novel, despite the (minor really) problems I mention.
Dr Nefarious

Post by Dr Nefarious »

Shirazi Cat wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 19:12 Oh, no you are not!
Oh, yes i am!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”