Review by Barry1379 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Barry1379
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barry1379.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Review by Barry1379 -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by Barry1379 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you wonder how sin came into the world? “I invite you to come with me on a mission to delve into the events through which sin and death entered the world’’.

The book Who told you that you were naked? A refreshing reexamination of the Garden of Eden was written by William E. Combs and published by Carpenter’s Son. It has ten chapters, an introduction, and an endnote. Also, it is nonfiction with 242 pages.

The book started with a vivid description of the Garden of Eden and the activities carried out by Adam who was in charge. Also detailed analysis of some aspect as pertaining to human, what could have happened while the first man in the bible was in the garden that was not mentioned. Also, the circumstances that led to Adam and Eve, his wife to be forced out of the garden prepared by God for them and the consequences of their action in the lives of their children, Cain and Abel, and down to their descendants. The writer also examined the life of Jesus Christ, how he overcame even though he was a descendant of Adam. And also the need for faith, walking in faith and overcoming sin while having a relationship with God.

I loved the writer’s question and discussion segment that was added to the book which is very important for the reader, to remember and try to answer the questions based on what had been read and also helpful in group discussions where friends can discuss the questions.

The writer’s narrative of the story was really in-depth which exposed the reader to several possibilities of possible events that occurred in the bible which were not written down and what we can learn from.

The use of testimonies and personal experiences in encouraging the reader who may be in the same situation also broaden the understanding and easy digestion of the message being conveyed by the writer.

The book had few errors which may have occurred due to typing. “Joshua” was typed instead of Jesus, “pausible” instead of possible and “heal” instead of heel.

I will rate the book 3 out of 4.This is due to the detailed explanation and captivating testimonies. Also, the writer’s ability to relate the topic to present day lives, which implies that for Christians, sin of all kinds was responsible for making them feel naked before God their creator while for non-Christians their inability to achieve a set goal or accomplish a set task made them feel naked and unfit to stand among their peers thereby leading to committing suicide by some people. I recommend this book for everyone.

Who Told You That You Were Naked?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Barry1379's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

You have a nice observation on this book. i also reviewed this book and I agree your idea. I like it. Cheers! :lol:
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

This book challenged my calling and really helps me on my spiritual matters. Nice review. I wanted to see more of your reviews.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”