Review by bookiegalke -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Review by bookiegalke -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by bookiegalke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As a young person, I was torn between choosing two different career paths. I was passionate about pursuing a career as a lawyer, but at the same time I also wanted to be a writer. Eventually, I settled on law and this saw me join law school, but the desire to write just couldn’t die down. Over the years, I have managed to write articles touching on different areas of law but I haven’t gotten round to writing a book. I know I have an idea about what I want to write about, but inking it down on paper has proved an uphill task. This is where Book Blue Print by Jacqui Pretty comes in handy.

Book Blue Print is a non-fiction book aimed at guiding entrepreneurs write books so that they become authorities in their respective industries. Though entrepreneurs are the target audience, the insight Book Blue Print provides, can be useful to anybody who has a desire to write. The introductory section successfully covers areas where most would-be writers find themselves stuck in while on their writing quest. Jacqui assures her readers that by the time they are done with the book, they should have book blue prints so detailed that those books would write themselves. After the introduction, what follows are four part sections carefully detailing the steps a writer should follow to see their book become best sellers. These parts are namely; the right idea, the right structure, the right content and the right language.

Prior to reading book blue print, I could not properly categorize books into areas where they most suitably fit in. Of the five different categories discussed, the thought-leadership type of book appealed to me the most. The persuasive nature of books in this category fits perfectly well into my desire to be an authority in specific areas of law that I feel most comfortable to provide my input in. By the time I was done with this categories section, I was convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that this was the category I can comfortably write about. I had settled on the content, structure and the most appropriate language to use in my book.

Jacqui’s writing style is very engaging. She makes use of worksheets and exercises to help the reader gauge their progress as they cover the book. She also offers a money-back guarantee if the reader fails to put a detailed plan for writing a book on condition that they do the worksheets and exercises. This approach in itself shows how committed Jacqui is to helping her readers achieve their desired results.

Book Blue Print is a book that saw me move my desire to write a book from just an idea in my head to mapping out an outline of what I would like my first book to be about. I would rate Book Blue Print 4 out of 4 stars. There is no single error that I came across. The editing, page layout and content of the book was professionally done. This is a book for any person who desires to write a book but has not quite started out on that journey.

Book Blueprint
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like bookiegalke's review? Post a comment saying so!
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by stalliongirlke »

books of this genre don't usually excite me but this is a good review
Al Chakauya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-al-chakauya.html
Latest Review: Beneath the Muscle by Lauren Powers

Post by Al Chakauya »

What a splendid review there. I am happy you were inspired to write your own book and I am sure you are not the only one. I did a review of the book and each page is full of inspiration. The book is a "well" of ideas which are coherently and chronologically articulated.
BookishCreature
Currently Reading: Travels with Vamper
Bookshelf Size: 247
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishcreature.html
Latest Review: The Library of Secrets: The Giant Mistake by Zoe Penn

Post by BookishCreature »

I like what you said about the author's writing style being engaging. I completely agree!
pinklover
Currently Reading: The Everett Exorcism
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pinklover.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by pinklover »

Nice review. Your review makes me interested to read this one. CHeer it up!
When everything seems too late, but it's not. God is there! Just keep on believing Jesus.
EvaDar
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-evadar.html
Latest Review: Do Not Wish For A Pet Ostrich! by Sarina Siebenaler

Post by EvaDar »

bookiegalke wrote: 16 Oct 2017, 15:56 Jacqui’s writing style is very engaging. She makes use of worksheets and exercises to help the reader gauge their progress as they cover the book. She also offers a money-back guarantee if the reader fails to put a detailed plan for writing a book on condition that they do the worksheets and exercises. This approach in itself shows how committed Jacqui is to helping her readers achieve their desired results.

Book Blue Print is a book that saw me move my desire to write a book from just an idea in my head to mapping out an outline of what I would like my first book to be about. I would rate Book Blue Print 4 out of 4 stars. There is no single error that I came across. The editing, page layout and content of the book was professionally done. This is a book for any person who desires to write a book but has not quite started out on that journey.
What a great review! I am so glad you were inspired to map out your outline. That's exciting. I just reviewed this book. I have read a few of these book-writing manuals and this is by far the best one. Loved it. Here's to getting our outlines done! Thanks again for the great review.
sit in the ocean. it is one of the best medicines on the planet. – the water
-Nayyirah Waheed

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”