Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by aichalives -- My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by aichalives -- My Trip To Adele

Post Number:#1 by aichalives
» 16 Oct 2017, 08:55

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]

Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Review by aichalives
Share This Review

This is my review for the book My Trip to Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer. The book is self-published by the two authors (sisters). I give the book 2 out of 4 stars.

My trip to Adele tells the stories of several different characters, connected by there plan to go to Adele’s goodbye concert in Rome, Italy. The characters live all over the world and have very different reasons to go to Adele, most of them related to their love life or their family and friendships. Throughout the book we read the stories of each of the characters the few months and weeks before the concert and we follow them to the concert.

The sisters Alyaseer write an fun novel that breathes their shared love for Adele. They skilfully mix different love stories and narratives with the lyrics and themes of Adele’s music. This is both interesting and refreshing, as well as recognizable as most of Adele’s songs are well known - as are the feelings and life events she sings about. Love, jealously, hardship, divorce, family, marriage, lust.. It all passes by in the different character’s lives. Throughout the book you live along with the characters and their preparation for their trip. Through skipping from character to character each chapter, the authors remain your attention and focus. The book has a closed ending with all characters finding their form of closure either before, during or after the concert.

The reason I only gave the book 2 out of 4 stars is that I sometimes found the narrative and fit to Adele’s songs too much forced. This feeling starts the first chapters with the lyrics at the end of each chapter. Every chapter ends with a few lines from Adele’s songs linked to the events that assed in the previous chapter. Sadly, I gave 2 stars mostly because the narratives itself feel too shallow and forced. As if the stories were written to fit the texts, instead of the lyrics beautifully (naturally) fitting the storyline as you would feel in daily life with Adele’s songs.

As the writers write so many narratives in one book, none of them is explored in detail and this superficiality damages the depth of the book. It’s easily readable and relatable, but the authors don’t go below the surface and lack depth to leave you with a clear morale or even redline at the end of it. All in all, it’s a nice relaxing read, but the stories are too scattered to really move the reader.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves

Like aichalives's review? Post a comment saying so!
aichalives

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!