Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by Leyla -- 30th Century: Escape

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by Leyla -- 30th Century: Escape

Post Number:#1 by Leyla
» 15 Oct 2017, 16:27

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]

Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Review by Leyla
Share This Review

30th Century: Escape written by Dr. Mark Kingston Levin, PHD, is a romance and science fiction novel, starting in the 30th century and ending in the 21st century. The book is based on scientific research from his work on the Mars and Apollo projects, as well as, research done by other persons.

30th Century: Escape tells the story of a 30th century Secret Society agent, Captain Jennifer Hero. She was responsible for taking a team of SS agents back in time to save the 'Naturals' without the Syndos becoming aware. However, Jennifer has her own mission in mind; to reunite with her lover who was assassinated, and to see the world as it was before the Syndos.

Just as the teams are about to travel back in time, Jennifer abandoned the team to accomplish her dreams in the 21st century. When Jennifer arrives in the 21st century, she fakes amnesia to prevent her true identity from being discovered. She makes this century her home, making discoveries and making a name for herself. While making archeological and scientific discoveries, Jennifer also discovers things about herself that she never would have imagined. She had changed her name to Hero after her boyfriend was assassinated. However, Jennifer discovers that Jennifer Hero of the 21st century looks like her, and they both have a lot in common. She starts to wonder what is the truth. Did she truly have amnesia? Is there a scientific explanation for the discoveries about herself? Did the time travel alter the past? Throughout the book we are left with these questions until Dr. Levin answers these questions at the end of the book.
Marty is a Professor at the University and one of Jennifer's rescuers. They are both attracted to each other and later find that they share similar interests. They fall in love and continue their lives, supporting each other and exploring the things life has to offer.

The story is told in the third person, exploring the world of science, archeology and sex. There are many romance scenes throughout the novel. Some scenes were very detailed as well as some bisexual and should only be read by mature readers only. Although there were a lot of sex scenes, it did not take away from the plot. I started skipping most of the sex scenes when they started to become too much for me as the story unfolded.

I enjoyed reading the descriptive tour of the Islands, as well as the archeological sites and history of the Islands. Some scenes made me feel as though I was there.

The book ended with a poem from Jennifer. Leaving the reader to wonder what was the response to the poem. Did Jennifer and Marty's love survive the truth?

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars for the good use of scientific knowledge and interesting archeological sites. There were a few grammatical errors towards the middle of the book, but nothing too distracting. My biggest deterrence was the constant sex scenes. Otherwise, a good science, romance for a mature audience.

30th Century: Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Leyla's review? Post a comment saying so!
Leyla

Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 25 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Review by Leyla -- 30th Century: Escape

Post Number:#2 by Miriam Molina
» 16 Oct 2017, 18:46

This book is November's book of the month, and I am preparing to read it. I hope the sex scenes will not bother me too much.

Leyla, I am assuming you are Pinay. Am I right?
Miriam Molina

Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 451 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 130%

Re: Review by Leyla -- 30th Century: Escape

Post Number:#3 by Leyla
» 25 Oct 2017, 16:32

Hi Miriam Molina. I am Jamaican.

The book has a lot of threesome's and lesbian scenes. So be prepared for them.
Leyla

Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 25 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%