Review by Ama Idim -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ama Idim
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ama-idim.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty

Review by Ama Idim -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

Post by Ama Idim »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

As an entrepreneur, writing for the first time can be a difficult task, knowing what to write and how to write it is necessary so your book can be appealing to your readers. Book Blueprint- How any entrepreneur can write an awesome book is a non-fiction book-writing book and is written by Jacqui Pretty, the founder and head editor of grammar factory, a publishing company that turns entrepreneurs into authors.

This book with over a hundred pages, divided into four parts, namely: The right idea, the right structure, the right content, the right language. Part one is about having the right idea; three elements for great book ideas: passion, readers’ needs and knowledge. How one can create a new idea or stick with an existing idea because it is important to write a book with direction. Part two focuses on structure. Structure guides content and every reader definitely loves a good structure because it sets the book on the right path. This part gives approaches to organizing content. Also, it states that your book should answer the three key questions- ‘what’, ’why’, ’how’.

Part three; the right content like the other two previously stated parts is well detailed. Your book should have the ‘thud value’. Think of it, your book can be physically handed to someone, it’s like the weight of the booklet is in direct proportion to the weight of reputation. Knowing how to interact with your audience and realizing when they lose interest is a necessity and this is what the fourth part is about. Omitting needless words while making sure your readers understand, not forgetting that your book represents you.

I love this book; it is a well detailed book. Containing so much as is necessary for writing a book whether one has written a book previously or is a beginner at it, the author properly dissects each section. Clear examples were given to make book easily understandable; examples of entrepreneurs who have written books are cited. There is also self assessment tests in between; well thought out questions. The exercises are helpful to ensure progress in the course of writing your book. I have noticed that most people focus on the body of their book, but here, the author emphasizes on the importance of introduction and how including a story can build an emotional connection with the reader because it shows you can relate with what they’re going through.

I like how simple the language in the book is, even a twelve year old can easily understand it, very impressive. I found it amusing that she used the word ‘sexy’. “Sexy is when a reader calls you to tell you how much they loved your book” and this starts with planning.

Every one especially entrepreneurs will find this book helpful because it will be useful in writing and publishing an excellent book which will build their profile and enable them stand out from competitors. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars because I did not find any errors and the information is properly given and in the right language.

Book Blueprint
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Ama Idim's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I think I would be offended if someone finds my writing sexy, haha.

Thank you for the review. As I told one reviewer of this book, this is a pretty book in more ways than one.
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Such a nice and detailed review, I definitely must read this book to improve my writing skills.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Ijenna
Currently Reading: Nelson Mandela
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Ijenna »

I enjoyed the review. Reading this book will definitely sharpen my writing skills. So, l am looking forward to reading it.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”