Review of In It Together

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Princewill Uchenna
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Final Act by Van Fleisher

Review of In It Together

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A manual for discovering who you really are and appreciating the similarities that bind us together. Eckhart Aurelius Hughes presents a selection of ideas and quotations that guide the reader on a spiritual yet nonreligious journey of self-discovery. Every idea you have about life—good, evil, and many other empowering notions—will be tested and defied by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes's unique view on them in It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All. 

This particular book, In It Together, has a lot of positive aspects. Using history is the first one. At the beginning of the narrative, Hughes mentions a writer named Voltarine de Cleyre. Hughes describes how de Cleyre caused a great deal of ire and was treated with disdain because he dared to question the social mores of the day, including marital rape, because, in the end, humans are "fundamentally equals" and should not be in a position of dominance over one another. It's a good thing that I came upon In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us now rather than later in life.

Hughes covers a wide range of topics, including self-control, self-love, forgiveness, temptation, and many more, in order to provide readers with wise guidance. In contrast to our externally projected viewpoints and physical selves, this invites readers to consider their own experiences and endeavor to discover their genuine selves. The author inspires readers to seek inner peace and happiness with a potent message of unity.

The book has superb editing. Nothing about this book bothers me. The meaningful and inspiring content of this book is why I gave it five out of five stars. The author reminds us of our common humanity despite our differences by deftly combining themes of self-acceptance, unity, and compassion. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn about deeper relationships between people and live a more peaceful and compassionate life.

In It Together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Come What May by Marie Fostino
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

Princewill Uchenna wrote: 11 Jun 2024, 03:59 [Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A manual for discovering who you really are and appreciating the similarities that bind us together. Eckhart Aurelius Hughes presents a selection of ideas and quotations that guide the reader on a spiritual yet nonreligious journey of self-discovery. Every idea you have about life—good, evil, and many other empowering notions—will be tested and defied by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes's unique view on them in It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All. 

This particular book, In It Together, has a lot of positive aspects. Using history is the first one. At the beginning of the narrative, Hughes mentions a writer named Voltarine de Cleyre. Hughes describes how de Cleyre caused a great deal of ire and was treated with disdain because he dared to question the social mores of the day, including marital rape, because, in the end, humans are "fundamentally equals" and should not be in a position of dominance over one another. It's a good thing that I came upon In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us now rather than later in life.

Hughes covers a wide range of topics, including self-control, self-love, forgiveness, temptation, and many more, in order to provide readers with wise guidance. In contrast to our externally projected viewpoints and physical selves, this invites readers to consider their own experiences and endeavor to discover their genuine selves. The author inspires readers to seek inner peace and happiness with a potent message of unity.

The book has superb editing. Nothing about this book bothers me. The meaningful and inspiring content of this book is why I gave it five out of five stars. The author reminds us of our common humanity despite our differences by deftly combining themes of self-acceptance, unity, and compassion. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn about deeper relationships between people and live a more peaceful and compassionate life.

In It Together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Having read the book, I agree with you! Also the review is great!
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”