Review by Debbyemi -- Puffy and the Formidable Foe

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Debbyemi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-debbyemi.html
Latest Review: Pancake Money by Finn Bell

Re: Review by Debbyemi -- Puffy and the Formidable Foe

Post by Debbyemi »

NL Hartje wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 13:43
Debbyemi wrote: 06 Oct 2017, 06:25 the book and gave a free coloring page to serve as a reward for a child’s successful completion of the book. Using the free coloring page, Parent can set targets for their children
Debby, this is a great observation! The coloring page is a very useful addition.

For me, this book scored highly for rhyming and offering the parental discussion syllabus. I was disappointed, however, with Puffy's portrayal. He was illustrated differently on most pages. Some pages he had eyelashes; some pages he did not. Some pages he had a pink nose, whereas on others it was grey or white.

Did any of you notice this? I only rated the book 3/4. Do you think the differing Puffys warranted negative impact on the score?

My review here:
viewtopic.php?f=60&t=54531
Oh, that's so true, it might be a little confusing for children, as they will be wondering if Puffy is refering to a different being each time. The author will do well to correct that. Thanks for the point. For now, parents might have to explain to their children, Puffy is same on all pages just the coloring used.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”