Review by bookiegalke -- Farmer Beau's Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Review by bookiegalke -- Farmer Beau's Farm

Post by bookiegalke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A quote by Hugh MacLeod reads “Everyone is born creative; everyone is given a box of crayons in kindergarten. Then when you hit puberty, they take the crayons away and replace them with dry, uninspiring books on algebra, history and other boring subjects. Being suddenly hit years later with the ‘creative bug’ is just a wee voice telling you, ‘I would like my crayons back, please”. In my adult state, there are days when the child in me just wants to go back to my ‘Crayon days’ if only to forget about my troubles for a while. One of the ways I do this is by reading books belonging to the children genre, one such book is Farmer Beau’s Farm by Kathleen Geiger.

Beau and his wife, Bamma live a happy life on their farm. Beau enjoys taking care of the flowers in their garden while his wife finds pleasure in baking and sewing. Fortunately, this norm is interrupted by the arrival of six little kittens who they both welcome with open arms. Days later, five of the kittens leave but one remains behind. They provide a home for the remaining kitten but days later a bunny also finds its way into the farm. As usual, Beau and Bamma heartily welcome bunny. Days passed by but Beau and Bamma decide to bring in another animal into the farm. This time, bunny and the kitten were worried about this new guest. Will the farm still enjoy the warmth and peace they had or will life on the farm change for the worst?

For a book belonging to the children genre, Farmer Beau’s farm is a book full of color and fun. It is a great resource for children to learn about different animals by identifying them through their distinctive features. The three animals featured here all have contrasting identities. Farmer Beau’s farm also goes a long way in helping children know how to socialize with friends in a kind way. The colorful illustrations, without a doubt, are a fun way to enhance a child’s creativity and not only the writer’s strategy to capture the child’s attention. The manner in which both Beau and his wife Bamma take care of the animals would provide useful pointers child who is finding difficulty taking care of a pet.

Generally, Farmer Beau’s farm is an interesting read not only for the younger audience but also for adults especially those that don’t mind reaching out to the child within every now and then. Apart from only one word that I found would be a bit advanced for children in kindergarten, the other words are rather simple for them to comprehend. Between proper editing, good page layout and a good flow, I feel a perfect score of 4 out of 4 stars is merited.

Aside from this being a learning tool for children, it would also make up for a bedtime story book. For any parent whose child has a birthday coming up, this would be a gift that would shift away from the usual toys given as birthday gifts.

Farmer Beau's Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like bookiegalke's review? Post a comment saying so!
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Ashley Simon
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon »

I don't think we ever grow too old for a good children's story. Thanks for the review, bookiegalke.
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

Ashley Simon wrote:I don't think we ever grow too old for a good children's story. Thanks for the review, bookiegalke.
I think so too. thanks for your kind words.
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
stalliongirlke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stalliongirlke.html
Latest Review: Learn to Play Guitar by Gareth Evans

Post by stalliongirlke »

the good thing about children books is that it is presented in such a way that it would appeal even to the older audience. I wouldn't mind reading this great job on the review

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”