Review by eelavahs-jay -- Farmer Beau's Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
eelavahs-jay
2017 Reading Goal: 0
Currently Reading: Island of the Gods
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eelavahs-jay.html
Latest Review: "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger

Review by eelavahs-jay -- Farmer Beau's Farm

Post by eelavahs-jay » 30 Sep 2017, 13:18

[Following is a volunteer review of "Farmer Beau's Farm" by Kathleen Geiger.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Farmer Beau's Farm is a children's book written by Kathleen Geiger and illustrated by Adam Musk. It was released in October 2016 by Dog Ear Publishing and has since garnered a number of praises. The author is a retired third grade teacher who currently resides just outside of Grande Ridge, Illinois, on a farm with her husband, Frank. She recounts that she was inspired to write this story after six kittens suddenly emerged from her garage one day while she and Frank had been lounging out on the patio.

The story unfolds quite similarly. Farmer Beau and his wife, Bammy, led a simple and quiet life on their farm, on the outskirts of town. One day as they enjoyed coffee and cookie on their veranda, six of the cutest kittens they had ever seen, appeared out of nowhere. Enamored with the playful kittens and perhaps even sympathetic of their plight, Farmer Beau and Bammy decides to feed and accommodate them. As the days went by, however, they started to leave one by one. Saddened and fearful that soon all the kittens would disappear, the couple decides to build a home and name the lone kitten that remained.

Kailey Kitten had the life that every young feline dreamed of. She had a warm bed, a loving home and never went hungry. One summer, Kailey chanced approaching “a fluffy ball of fur” that she had spotted staring at her through the bushes. She discovers later that the creature's name was Samantha Bunny, and they became friends. Sammy was warmly welcomed into the farm by Farmer Beau and a gushing Bammy. They all lived happily together.

Little did Kailey and Sammy know, the paradise Mr and Mrs. Beau had created for them was about to get shaken up by the arrival of a new and unusual animal. The young friends aren't sure they'll be able to handle the presence of another animal if it was too "different" from them.

Farmer Beau's Farm is a story of acceptance and seeing what's beyond the flesh. Books like these are especially important given the superficial world in which we live today. Aimed at children ages twelve and under, the morale of the story could no doubt be instrumental in helping to rid future generations of the "judge-a-book-by-its-cover" mentality that's plaguing our societies.

With its colorful illustrations, simple vocabulary and adorable host of characters, it is easy to see the appeal and potential impact it may have on a younger audience. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars.

Farmer Beau's Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like eelavahs-jay's review? Post a comment saying so!

Job Njoroge
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 66
Currently Reading: Out of Rushmore's Shadow: The Luigi Del Bianco Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-job-njoroge.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Job Njoroge » 01 Oct 2017, 12:28

Great review of the book although the book itself seems to have a lot of unrealistic events i.e. the kitten and the bunny being friends and talking and being friends. Congrats though for the great job done

eelavahs-jay

Post by eelavahs-jay » 01 Oct 2017, 12:41

Job Njoroge wrote:Great review of the book although the book itself seems to have a lot of unrealistic events i.e. the kitten and the bunny being friends and talking and being friends. Congrats though for the great job done
Thank you so much for reading my review :D Hahaha! It's a children's book, there are bound to be talking animals :lol2:

EVANSO
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by EVANSO » 03 Oct 2017, 04:57

A good book for school going kids. I think i would only read it to help to my kids when they are stuck. your review is nice.

eelavahs-jay

Post by eelavahs-jay » 03 Oct 2017, 07:41

EVANSO wrote:A good book for school going kids. I think i would only read it to help to my kids when they are stuck. your review is nice.
Thanks for stopping by :)

Ashley Simon
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Currently Reading: Zero K
Bookshelf Size: 145
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-simon.html
Latest Review: "Bible Answers" by Roseline Gaston Rabouin

Post by Ashley Simon » 09 Oct 2017, 10:23

I just finished this book myself, and I thought it was adorable. Nice review, I'm looking forward to reading more by you! :)

eelavahs-jay

Post by eelavahs-jay » 09 Oct 2017, 11:19

Ashley Simon wrote:I just finished this book myself, and I thought it was adorable. Nice review, I'm looking forward to reading more by you! :)
Thanks for reading. I do see that you have also read and reviewed this book. I shall check it out and return the favour :D

Mercy Bolo
2018 Reading Goal: 144
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Puppy's First Night, Featuring Sparkle De Barkle and her Favourite Furry Friends by Bec McGregor

Post by Mercy Bolo » 22 Oct 2017, 15:06

Thank you for the detailed review. As a lover of furry animals, I believe this is a book I would enjoy.
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

eelavahs-jay

Post by eelavahs-jay » 22 Oct 2017, 15:27

Mercy Bolo wrote:Thank you for the detailed review. As a lover of furry animals, I believe this is a book I would enjoy.
Thank you for stopping by :) Yes animal lovers would enjoy this.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”