Review by RJ65051 -- Hello, My Love by Evy Journey

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RJ65051
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj65051.html
Latest Review: "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Review by RJ65051 -- Hello, My Love by Evy Journey

Post by RJ65051 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This is a story about a man and woman having a new journey into the ghostly challenges of love, understanding through heartfelt emotions, real love never dies regardless of the time apart.

Another story about a man who used women for personal satisfaction, caught off-guard by the reality of living on this earth. A story about a woman with goals for gaining notoriety until her world is changed for more selfless idiosyncrasies. This book has all of the normal clichés on relationships in one’s 20’s or 30’s. A one-night stand always holds a surprise when something more comes out of the meeting. They begin with one thing on their minds, never expecting feelings for the other person to grow into a positive future.

Relationships like this have been around since the beginning of time. Being left behind and having a jilted lover trying to destroy one’s name and reputation, all done too many times in the past. When one person feels slighted, so to speak, the selfish anger issues that appear can and usually does make a very dark dent into another person’s life. Learning to live with changes can be harder on some than on others. Accepting the differences we all grow into can be challenging beyond a person’s mental awareness.

When love is meant to be, not even time can keep us from experiencing that love, regardless of the challenges life has thrown into our direction. Living life while learning oneself, this is the greatest challenge of all. Until a person learns to love their self first, there is no possible way one can learn to love another. The author caught the journey into maturity and loving another person, put this information into a story and created entertainment. Especially for those who have felt life has slighted them one time too many and loving another person may seem helpless. Nothing is lost in trying to regain another person’s trust, but once it is broken, it takes a little bit of time to re-shape that one giant word in life “trust”.

The way the author wrote the story was interesting. The **** between paragraphs threw me off more than once. And yet the conversations continued as if they were within a new chapter. Being a romantic at heart, the concept was understood but a bit confusing. I found myself lost at some points when the ***** were provided. Easily picking up where I left off, but a bit confused.

Love has no boundaries, regardless of time or of one’s age. Having a child to increase that bond isn’t as cliché as it used to be. When true love evolves into one’s life, there are no boundaries keeping this bonding from occurring. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in reading a love story with every twist existing: meeting at a young age, going their separate ways, a one-night-stand, then meeting again a couple of years later only to have a previous disgruntled spouse out for revenge. I found the writing of this book amusing and very entertaining. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. My reason for this is because there were too many clichés in this story, therefore not as entertaining as I had perceived. The age interested in this type of book would be a person in their 20’s or 30’s as life hasn’t offered most people so many adventures within a relationship.

Hello, My Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like RJ65051's review? Post a comment saying so!
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Sounds a bit too cliche for my liking, I've watched enough chick-flicks to last me for a lifetime! Thank you for your review. :)
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Jan Moraa Onsomu
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9266">Kite Runner</a>
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jan-moraa-onsomu.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Jan Moraa Onsomu »

I like the quote about learning to love yourself first before attempting to love others. It rings so true in real life. Great review! I'm a hopeless romantic, somehow I'm sure I'd pretend to be surprised at all the clichés in this book and enjoy it either way. ?
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

hmmm, I haven't try to read it yet but it seems a good book. nice review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Post by Mercelle »

I love romance novels. This book is clearly doomed. I agree with your view that love has no boundaries. But is love ever enough?
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
MLove83
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mlove83.html

Post by MLove83 »

I'm curious about something you mentioned...

If I remember correctly, the * * * show that the scene has changed, but it's not a new chapter. Is that right? I use the * * * myself in my own writing when I want to show that the scene has changed, but starting a whole new chapter wouldn't make sense/doesn't feel natural. My husband had the same reaction when reading my book as you did with this one.

Is there a better way to transition to a new scene, in your opinion? It seems to me that the alternative is having more numerous but shorter chapters. Or filling up a chapter with fluff just to make it longer/seem more significant on its own. I don't know if I like either of those options...

Would a different symbol be clearer?
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one."
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

Nice review. I enjoyed you comments about trust. So true! Thanks for your insightful comments.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”