Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by TrishaAnn92 -- Escape by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by TrishaAnn92 -- Escape by Belle Ami

Post Number:#1 by TrishaAnn92
» 25 Sep 2017, 09:23

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Belle Ami.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by TrishaAnn92
Share This Review

Escape by Belle Ami is a Romance Thriller. This is book one in the Tip of the Spear series. Well written with a strong plot, and strong characters, this book promises to be a page turner. I found it nearly impossible to put this book down. This book is realistic in its location setting and the events that could unfold. Steamy in its romance, it is a very promising start to the series.

Layla, a college student, thinks she is taking a normal vacation to Dubai with her boyfriend. Only what should have been a relaxing trip quickly turns into a nightmare. When her and her boyfriend Zamir are kidnapped, she is forced to put her life in the hands of a spy, Cyrus. Together, they must navigate their way through Iran with a target on both their backs. Little does Layla and Cyrus know, there is much more at stake than just their lives. Layla’s father holds the technology to make a nuclearized Iran happen. To avoid that, he must work closely with Mossad to ensure that Layla and Cyrus successfully make it out of Iran.

Years of maintaining cover as a spy in the Iranian Government comes crashing down around him when Layla appears in his life. Fighting his attraction to her, he must also fight to keep them both alive. Through all this, he also must battle his anger at having his hard work to prevent Iran from becoming a nuclearized state dissolved in a matter of moments over a girl. Can love over-come the many obstacles the Cyrus and Layla face?

This is a fast-paced, action packed novel that I had a hard time putting down. The plot was strong and the characters were realistic and easily relatable. Descriptions in the book painted a vivid picture of the action taking place while also making the reader feel the emotions of the story. With emotions running high, and suspense at every turn, I could not help but cheer on Cyrus and Layla. I cannot speak on anything I disliked about the book. Except for a handful of errors, Escape seems to be very well written.

I give Escape by Belle Ami a 4 out of 4 stars. This was a past paced novel from the very beginning that never slowed down. Because of the nature of the book, I would only recommend this book to mature book lovers searching for a thriller with a good romantic twist. I am looking forward to reading more of this series.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like TrishaAnn92's review? Post a comment saying so!
‘A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,’ said Jojen. ‘The man who never reads lives only one.’

– George R. R. Martin

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
-Harry Potter
TrishaAnn92's Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Publishing Contest ~ 20 Votes ~ View TrishaAnn92's Entry
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month

Favorite Book: The Messenger (2)
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 184 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 90 Books
Goal Completion: 16%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Review by TrishaAnn92 -- Escape by Belle Ami

Post Number:#2 by Mallory Whitaker
» 27 Sep 2017, 12:23

The plot isn't what I thought it would be when I looked at the cover! It sounds like a fun thriller and I enjoy that there's a romantic twist. I love twists. Great review!
Mallory Whitaker's Latest Review: "Consequences" by Sam Boyd
Mallory Whitaker

Currently Reading: They Were My Friends - Jack, Bob and Ted
Bookshelf Size: 43 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 35 Books
Goal Completion: 54%

Post Number:#3 by TrishaAnn92
» 01 Oct 2017, 14:07

Thank you! It really was a great and enjoyable read!
‘A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies,’ said Jojen. ‘The man who never reads lives only one.’

– George R. R. Martin

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
-Harry Potter
TrishaAnn92's Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami
Publishing Contest ~ 20 Votes ~ View TrishaAnn92's Entry
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month

Favorite Book: The Messenger (2)
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 184 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 90 Books
Goal Completion: 16%

Post Number:#4 by Kelebogile Mbangi
» 03 Oct 2017, 03:52

It sounds like a page turner, with the high rating you gave it, it must be! Thank you for the review.
"I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me." - Maya Angelou.
Kelebogile Mbangi's Latest Review: "They Followed Their Dreams" by Michelle Russell
Kelebogile Mbangi

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 115%

Post Number:#5 by 0719672189
» 03 Oct 2017, 04:21

I love your view on this book, I did my review for it a while back and enjoyed reading the book.
0719672189's Latest Review: "Heartaches" by H.M. Irwing

Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 16 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%