Review by Monaatee -- Marrying a Playboy Billionaire

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Monaatee
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monaatee.html
Latest Review: "30th century:escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Review by Monaatee -- Marrying a Playboy Billionaire

Post by Monaatee »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Marrying A Playboy Millionaire is a romance novel written by H. M Irwing, who is an Australian writer and as such the story in the book happens in Australia. The main character in this book is Aria Longbottom, followed by Justin Kay. It recounts events that occurred beginning five years ago and leading to the joining of Aria and Justin in matrimony.

Just like any human, we are not perfect and we all have insecurities. Aria, had insecurities, even though she was a successful career woman, she was insecure about her body and how she looked. This book takes us on a journey of how Aria felt she wasn’t good enough and how Justin would not let her go.

Aria is the older child of three siblings. She was dumped on New year's eve by her boyfriend Dale for her beautiful and attractive cousin. She bumps into Justin who was drunk out of his mind and they get intimate. She felt like it was a mistake, that she wasn’t good enough and five years down the road Justin confronts her, he would not have any more of Aria trying to tell him otherwise about the time they spent together on New year’s eve. He wants to be with her and he is going to do anything to prove it.

I really love this book because, whenever Aria starts to feel insecure, wonder or question why Justin is with her, he would give her reasons why, every time. Even though this time, Justin is a handsome millionaire who can have any girl he desires he is the one doing the chasing. I love how this book brought two worlds together, everyone is so beautiful in each way, this story is about the beauty and the beauty or in this case “handsome and the beastess”, popular and not so popular, rich and regular. In this book, the clear difference was less important to the characters who embraced one and other wholeheartedly.

Although at some point, there were some grammatical errors and even the names were inconsistent like calling Kelly and then naming her Keele afterward.And mistaking the word "Leaned for Learnt" in chapter 3. In Chapter 5 the author said that Janet was 26 and older than Aria but in Chapter 14 Aria said she is 25 and chapter 15 Aria called Janet her baby sister, I mostly got confused towards the last chapters, had to read some parts a few more times just to grasp a meaning because of that, but it still is a good read.

I will rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars because the author was able to convey Justin’s feelings for Aria, even if she was the one telling the story. The sex part in the book is detailed and explicit with a mix of regular vanilla and kink, for example, Aria being authoritative the night before their engagement but there was still a shift in power and roles, to there just being lovemaking. Even at their engagement party Justin had threatened to put her on his knee and force Aria to realize that they loved each other. Anytime Aria said Justin’s name in the book “Justin Kay’ it felt like the melody to a song that I wanted to burst out singing. At the end of the book, I got that no matter what happens, no matter how much time passes by, what will be will be and reading books like this, makes me believe once again in true love and romance.

Marrying a Playboy Billionaire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Monaatee's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "30th century:escape" by Mark Kingston Levin

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”