Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- The Elf Accord - Book Four...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- The Elf Accord - Book Four...

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elf Accord - Book Four of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Elf Accord is a historical fiction story. It is the fourth book in Jordan David's series, The Magi Charter. The book takes place in the 12th century. The author uses this book as the explanation to why the North Pole exists and why it is the current base used in the previous books in the series.

The book follows Santa Leopold, who has just taken over from Santa Johann, on his adventure in the year 1180. One of Santa Leopold's advisers, Lady Serapha, has told him that he has to leave the Klaus valley in Austria and find a new base of operations. She tells him that the location is far north, but she does not tell him the exact location. This upsets Santa Leopold because it will disrupt his mission since he will have to travel for many months. Santa Leopold will have to face many challenges along the way before all is said and done. Will Santa Leopold complete the mission? Will he locate the new base in time? What challenges await him on the way and when he finally gets there? No spoilers. All these question will be answered in this amazing book.

The book was breathtaking, from the characters to the plot. The characters varied in motives and they were developed amazingly. I found myself wishing harm on Lord Guy from the first chapter. The author writes from multiple perspectives using his characters to drive the story. This was the method he had used in his previous books, but unlike in the previous books, the author dives into the historical fiction genre. He writes about king Henry in such a unique way that made me believe that Santa Leopold is a part of history.

The book progressed well using various themes like conflict and desperation to make Santa Leopold's story addictive. The use of various perspectives from different characters made me compare this book to Life Before by K. L. Romo. The previous books all mentioned Santa Leopold and I always wanted to know his story. The author delivered, not only in his unique writing style that made every character appear larger than life, but in the way he added many experiences during Santa Leopold's journey.

In the previous books, I had encountered a lot of spelling errors (with in instead of within, since instead of sense and many others). The errors were gradually reduced as I read the next book and by the time I got to this book, they were too few to disrupt my reading. I did encounter them after every four chapters. This is the only thing that I did not like about this book. Despite this one flaw, I still rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. This is because of the amazing characters and the excellent plot development.

I would recommend this book to all historical fiction and fantasy fans. The story is so amazing and unrelated to the the first book, that one might decide to read this book first. The series has blown my mind and I look forward to more of Jordan David's amazing works.

The Elf Accord - Book Four of the Magi Charter
View: on Bookshelves

Like Ferdinand_otieno's review? Post a comment saying so!
Julez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julez.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Julez »

I felt that way about Lord Guy too. This is an excellent review, Ferdinand. I love it.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

This book definitely takes a bit of a departure from the previous ones. However, that doesn't mean it was unwelcome. It's definitely a great historical fiction.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Gloria Tohabru
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gloria-tohabru.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Gloria Tohabru »

I agree with you that it was breathtaking. At some point, i really got caught up in the book and it was like I was in the book. Thanks for your amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”