Review by vaz222 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
vaz222
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vaz222.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Review by vaz222 -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by vaz222 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book that I read titled Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks is a non-fiction book which provides valuable information on health and de-bunks some of the most popular medical myths around today. Questions I have had for many years regarding lifestyle habits and the human body were answered through this book. The author, Morton E Tavel, MD, cites many credible sources throughout the book and provides us with the important findings of various studies.

This book serves as a guide to help people make better and more educated health decisions. Information I came across while reading could, in fact, be life-saving. I was often curious about the correlation between eating breakfast regularly and good health. Reading this book has given me clarification on this as well as many other topics. There is a lot of good advice in this book. I can also be sure to watch out for the scams that are out there that are mentioned in the book. Not every drug works the way it is advertised. Dr. Tavel explains these marketing schemes throughout the book.

Something I really liked about the book was how the facts were presented and explained. I wasn’t left confused or with any further questions. The material just seemed to flow. I also found this book to be somewhat thought-provoking. A good percentage of this book was news to me. Topics I had never knew much about were included and discussed in depth. Now, I can feel much more confident about my own health. There will definitely be some significant changes in my diet and lifestyle after thinking about the information that I read.

What I liked most about this book was how the topics are divided neatly into chapters. I also liked how reading this gave me insight on a lot of issues as well as providing me with a chance to improve on my quality of life. The only part of the book that I disliked was how the subject matter, while vitally important, can get slightly boring at times. However, the data provided seemed to be most definitely worth my time reading.

I would give this book 3 out of 4 stars. I didn’t give it 4 stars because the book does contain some errors. Not only is this book informative, it appeals to a wide audience. I believe everyone should read this book. The knowledge lended in this book may interest anyone who wants to learn more about various health subjects.

Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like vaz222's review? Post a comment saying so!
RegularGuy3
Currently Reading: All the Light We Cannot See
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-regularguy3.html
Latest Review: Farmer Beau's Farm by Kathleen Geiger

Post by RegularGuy3 »

I've seen a few reviews for this book and did one myself. I really enjoyed it and am glad you did, too!
vaz222

Post by vaz222 »

Thank you! I loved this book!

-- 18 Nov 2017, 17:35 --

If anyone has any questions about this book or my review, please ask!
Sagamore74
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sagamore74 »

Very nice review!!
vaz222

Post by vaz222 »

Sagamore74 wrote:Very nice review!!
Thank you! :)
dawuddustin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by dawuddustin »

There are many misleading health myths brought from the past about our health habits and this book will be worth reading
CommMayo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-commmayo.html
Latest Review: Changed by Vicki Stiefel
Reading Device: B00G2Y4WNY

Post by CommMayo »

I like the way you wrote your review. Talking about how it personally effected you is a really great tool to get others to pick up the book. Good job!
vaz222

Post by vaz222 »

Thank you for all the comments!
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

RegularGuy3 wrote: 24 Sep 2017, 21:00 I've seen a few reviews for this book and did one myself. I really enjoyed it and am glad you did, too!
I am reading the book and it is quite interesting. Keep up the good work on reviews.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

Thanks for the good review. The book is actually a good book all should read. It has some helpful insights.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1377
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: The Book of Moncoto by Mosetta Penick Phillips-Cermak, Ph.D.

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I love that book because it gives facts on health issues. The DASH diet is my favorite on that book. I review that book as well. You have a nice review.
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
vaz222

Post by vaz222 »

I'm happy to see that so many people find this book useful! Thank you for the comments!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”