Review by MsDree -- Marrying a Playboy Billionaire

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MsDree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 268
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msdree.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review by MsDree -- Marrying a Playboy Billionaire

Post by MsDree »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
2 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Marrying a Playboy Billionaire is a contemporary romance novella written by H.M. Irwing. It follows the story in the point of view of Aria Longbottom and how her life intertwined with one playboy billionaire, Justin Kay.

Everything started when Aria Longbottom, a curvy and quiet brunette was dumped by her ex-fiancé, Dale Carmichael for her bubbly perfect blonde cousin, Linda Schubeck on the doorstep of Justin Kay’s New Year Eve party. Broken-hearted Aria Longbottom found herself in the bed of Justin Kay after a steamy night; a night she intended to hide as it was a mistake. Fast forward five years later; now successful career woman, Aria Longbottom found her secret unfolded by Justin Kay with a stupefying kiss when she had dropped by his office to buy him off on excess land banks. But this time, fate played no game as they were caught by his mother and one thing lead to another, everything spiralled so fast that Aria found herself engaged to be married to the billionaire Justin Kay that day. What had happened that makes them engaged so suddenly? Will their marriage planning run smooth?

In a hundred-and-thirty-two pages book, the storyline of this story seemed a little off even if it flows and wrapped up nicely. The story started off well where it tells readers the story of what happened to Aria which in one night where one chapter of Aria’s life with her ex-fiancé closed, another beginning albeit a little murky, opens with Justin Kay entering her life. However as the story goes on, I found this story unable to excite me. I had expected some obstacles to happen in their relationship that would strengthen their love but I cannot say anything other than to describe it as an intense and overly-passionate relationship. It was more showcased of Aria’s character growth as well as their fears of losing each other. The story was plotted in a timeline going from five years past to the current situation where they met each other and continue throughout the story with the planning of their marriage to the epilogue of their happy endings.

What I liked about the development of Aria’s character is that she had gone from under-valuing herself to finally acknowledge her self-worthiness. I was happy to see her finally confident and stand up for herself in front of two people she hates yet unable to protect herself from, Dale Carmichael and Linda Schubeck née Carmichael.

However, there are a few things about Aria’s character that I dislike. In the chapter where she considered Justin’s proposal, she wanted him for herself yet after everything dawned to her mind, she had second-guessing her decisions and feeling muddled with her feelings for him. Aria’s character was also described as a career woman who worked herself to be at a top position in the company for the past five years. However, I found it irresponsible that she, after meeting Justin, had disregarded her work by being tardy and especially her inability to be professional at the workplace. As she was depicted as a career woman, this depiction had faded along with Aria’s career that she had worked for five years.

My perception of the title, playboy billionaire that Justin Kay supposed to portrayed fail to view him as a typical playboy billionaire. It was a truth that Justin did have many exes yet he was not the irresponsible playboy. However, Justin’s character actually much more than a typical playboy billionaire as he was actually a caring, cheerful, and kind character. But his feeling for Aria was too intense and he has a sad past that he cannot reveal to his mother, he was able to share with Aria.

Overall, I would rate this book 2 out of 4 stars. The whole book was well-written and professionally edited which was a plus point. But I did find at least not more than two wording mistakes however it was not fatal enough to distract readers from enjoying the book. The love scenes, in my opinion, is too elaborate and plenty. Their romantic vibes I would describe as adorable and their characters chemistry pair well with one another. I had a love-hate relationship with Aria’s characters and confusing over a supposed-playboy Justin Kay. It was a good book for readers who prefer reading a light contemporary romance and erotica.

Marrying a Playboy Billionaire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like MsDree's review? Post a comment saying so!
"A book, too, can be a star, a living fire to lighten the darkness, leading out into the expanding universe." — Madeline L'Engle

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”