Review by MTReader91 -- The Elf Coup - Book Three of the...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MTReader91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtreader91.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Review by MTReader91 -- The Elf Coup - Book Three of the...

Post by MTReader91 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter" by Jordan David.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It was foreseen that this year would be difficult for those up in the North Pole. Santa Nicolas is missing somewhere in human world with Mrs. Claus. Krampus, a horned creature, is creating chaos at the North Pole. With chaos ensuing, elf work has come to a halt and Mistletoe seizes the opportunity to carry out his plans for power. While Mistletoe is moving his plans along, the retired elves have secret meetings to unlock several mysteries of the North Pole. The mysteries uncovered are vital for certain elves, Noel in particular, to save the North Pole. Noel must defeat Mistletoe by himself, but Noel has to master the power of the elvish runes and survive the training of an ancient elf’s teachings.

I rate this book 3 out of 4. There are several spelling and grammatical errors throughout the book. This book’s editing was better than the first one in the series, but about the same editing as the second.

I chose this book because it’s the third in the Magi Charter series. The author does a wonderful job of taking the reader for an adventure. This book’s adventure takes you all over the world in many ways to save Santa and the Christmas tradition. The author leaves you hanging at the end of the books to get you to read the next book.

Others may choose to read this book because the author has grabbed the reader from the beginning of the book as well as the beginning of the series. The audience for the book doesn’t change from family friendly even though there is a lot of chaos and trouble brewing throughout the story.

I love following Noel in his adventures with Santa and with his friends throughout this book. Noel is continuing his push of breaking the boundaries and rules set by Mistletoe and his gang. Throughout this story, Noel is thwarting Mistletoe’s efforts to get him to leave the North Pole forever. I do like how the story goes, but I am sad that one of Noel’s friends left the North Pole.

I dislike the editing of the story. There is still the misuse of various words and different spellings for commonly used words. The spelling errors are easy to overlook because the author has caught the reader and the reader may not notice the errors. The grammatical errors are easy to overlook, but there are lots of missing punctuation.

The Elf Coup - Book Three of the Magi Charter
View: on Bookshelves

Like MTReader91's review? Post a comment saying so!
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

This is a series I have to read. But it seems I'll wait til Book 9 to hear about good ole Rudolph.

Thanks, MTReader91, for the early Christmas treat!
MTReader91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 167
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtreader91.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Post by MTReader91 »

Miriam Molina wrote:This is a series I have to read. But it seems I'll wait til Book 9 to hear about good ole Rudolph.

Thanks, MTReader91, for the early Christmas treat!

I won't spoil too much, but there is a mention of Rudolph in one of the three books I read. I am waiting for book 4.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”