Review by Innocent chinenye -- From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Innocent chinenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innocent-chinenye.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Review by Innocent chinenye -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post by Innocent chinenye »

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

From Drift To Shift was written by Jody B Miller. Is a non-fiction book that characterizes how change brings true meaning and happiness to your work and life. Miller sets out to fulfill her pledge to the readers in her self-help book. The core of the book is sectioned into four parts, appropriately titled as follows: Why Shift, When to Shift, How to Shift and After the shift. Each part has a brief introduction that starts off with a thought-provoking quote. Throughout the course of the book, we are introduced to seven amazing individuals and a vibrant tribe residing in the Amazon jungle. The author masterfully details the heart-wrenching, tear-jerking stories of each of these people and how they chose to make a positive change (shift) in their life, instead of drifting through life in a forlorn state.

This book motivated me to examine my life. Each chapter was concluded with ‘Takeaways’, advice given in bullet point form. Some of the advice was reiterated to the point that it may seem redundant if you read the book in one sitting. However, if this book is read in a couple of sittings, as I believe it should be read, the repetition is very useful. Most of the advice given in this book can be found in other self-help books. However, From Drift to Shift is separated from the rest of the motivational books I’ve read by the high level of detail that is given in the testimonies that are narrated in the book.

It should be noted that one of the main themes in this book is spirituality. Christians would enjoy reading the entire chapter 9 of the Acts of the apostles in this book. Christians would also approve of the references to the lives of King David and Job. However, some of the aforementioned would probably be repelled by the references to Hinduism. The author often urges the reader to follow his/her intuition. However, most Christians would reject this advice ‘There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

It may also be the case that Hindus may be offended by having a Christian and a Hindu worldview in the same book. The book discloses that Hinduism is not a religion (a fact not known to most people). However, it does this in the Appendix after making numerous references to Hindu deities. Obviously, there are a number of people that may not want to read this book due to their views on spiritual matters. However, I would still recommend this book to any and everyone. The message of hope that Miller relates is worth reading.

From Drift To Shift is a book anyone going through a challenging situation and needing radical inspiration will find this book useful. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book especially to those who are battling confusion and lacking the courage to take the step that will lead them where they want to be.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Innocent chinenye's review? Post a comment saying so!
Gregory Chileshe
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gregory-chileshe.html
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann

Post by Gregory Chileshe »

I like your review and the rating of that book. Such books with such titles compel me. You have helped me find some of the things I have always wanted to know and how to go about it. From drift to shift is a very good striking title of the book. It catches the eye and it is good that it is not just for nothing but to change lives.

-- 18 Sep 2017, 23:20 --

You see mine too
Latest Review: "Roadmap to the End of Days" by Daniel Friedmann
Tonia Alexandra
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Tonia Alexandra »

I strongly believe making a step from your present situation can change your life. Anyone that read your review will not bother to search for book and read again because ur review has said it all. Thanks for your review.
Innocent chinenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-innocent-chinenye.html

Post by Innocent chinenye »

Gregory Chileshe wrote:I like your review and the rating of that book. Such books with such titles compel me. You have helped me find some of the things I have always wanted to know and how to go about it. From drift to shift is a very good striking title of the book. It catches the eye and it is good that it is not just for nothing but to change lives.

-- 18 Sep 2017, 23:20 --

You see mine too
Thank you

-- 21 Sep 2017, 07:21 --
Tonia Alexandra wrote:I strongly believe making a step from your present situation can change your life. Anyone that read your review will not bother to search for book and read again because ur review has said it all. Thanks for your review.
Thank you
Karen0823
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen0823.html
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Post by Karen0823 »

I am contemplating this book as my next read but wanted to check out a few reviews first. It sounds like there may be some useful information for me. Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”