Review by Caitlyn Trussell -- Strong Heart

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Caitlyn Trussell
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitlyn-trussell.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Review by Caitlyn Trussell -- Strong Heart

Post by Caitlyn Trussell »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Strong Heart, by Charlie Sheldon, is a story that is both historical and suspenseful. After finding out suddenly that his daughter has passed away and she has left behind a granddaughter than was unknown to the rest of the family, Tom must decide if he will take his long lost granddaughter in, and how her personality will fit with the rest of the family’s. This is not the only challenge that Tom and his family must face, however. Journeying deep into nature to return an ancient item to the grave of Tom’s grandfather brings more difficulties than the family initially expects, but it also teaches them more lessons than they could have imagined.

The story continues as each character is developed more fully and the embark on an adventure that would change their lives forever, through tales from another time that may be closer to home than any of the family realizes. Along the way, struggles of character differences and beliefs arise, however the family must learn to work together with their new found relative in order to save not only her own life, but also memories and the deep connection the family shares.

While reading this book, I found that the author has a wonderful talent of drawing the readers into the story and making them feel like they are a part of the story themselves. The author also does a wonderful job at switching back and forth from storytelling to present time in the book. This book is suspenseful and kept me coming back for more at each chapter and I am confident it will do the same for many readers as well.

One thing that I would have liked to see more of was character and personality development in the beginning of the story. I think that this, however, does not take away from understanding or connecting with the story, as readers get to know the characters all throughout the book.

Overall, I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This was a very entertaining read and was not complicated to understand. This book had great themes and lessons that can be drawn from it and would be beneficial and interesting to read even the second and third times around. Readers can easily connect with the story and will most likely relate to at least one of the characters as they are pulled into the story themselves. If you enjoy a quick paced novel with dynamic characters and a story line that has both historical and suspenseful components, Strong Heart is the book for you.

Strong Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Caitlyn Trussell's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
Metrish
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Metrish »

This creates in me the morale to read it .
Espie
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Behind the Barbed Wire Fence
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-espie.html
Latest Review: Why Me: Trash Collector, Mental Issues by Nikolay N Bey

Post by Espie »

I also initially found the switch in character perspectives a bit confusing, but I think that maybe those were for a reason possibly to reinforce a sense of suspense and mystery, as well as to prod the reader to read even further. Thank you for your review.
"Life has many different chapters for us. One bad chapter doesn't mean it's the end of the book."-Unknown
"To err is human; to forgive, divine."-Alexander Pope
"Put GOD first; He'll bless your efforts with success."-Proverbs

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”