Review by Mercy Bolo -- Followed my Star by AR Annahita

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercelle.html
Latest Review: The Future of Finance and Money by K. Braeden Anderson

Review by Mercy Bolo -- Followed my Star by AR Annahita

Post by Mercelle »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Followed my Star" by AR Annahita.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Followed my Star by AR Annahita is a book about life through the writer's eyes. She was born in Iran and currently lives in the United States of America. The book touches on some of her experiences in America and how people react when she reveals that she is from Iran. Her wish is to achieve world peace and goes into detail to describe how that is possible.

The main theme of the book is about striking a balance in all that we do. Too much of anything is poisonous. To have a well balanced and fulfilled life, we need to be at the point where we are at neither of the extremes. Then, we will not have people with too much while others have no prospects of even getting the bare minimum. Annahita does not propose that we live in a utopia but that we be human and solve the problems in our own communities. People in the first world countries should begin by solving the problems in their own countries before they start donating to a starving child in Africa (where they don't live). Nature sustains itself the way it is not because it is perfect but because it is balanced. Upsetting this balance is what causes many of the problems in our society.

The author tackles various issues like war, government, exploitation by the big corporations and religion. I expected this to be rant but it isn't. It just highlights the issues that some of us may not think are a problem and provides solutions. The book also speaks on personal growth and development with my favorite quote being
The middle is a zone where you don’t have to make yourself fit in—it fits you.
The writing is simple enough to follow and does not bore the reader with complex jargon. I also liked the fact that this is a short book with less than a hundred pages.

Followed my Star would be suitable for anyone who wants to see the world be a better place. This is a book for the curious mind as it is thought provoking. Those who are interested in world politics and economics also have a thing or two to learn from it. There is a segment in there about demanding quality from the big corporations and bringing jobs back to America.

This book is not for everyone but because I subscribe to Annahita's school of thought, I will rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

Followed my Star
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Mercy Bolo's review? Post a comment saying so!
"The minimum requirement for a dream is a safe place to lay your head."
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
Kalin Adi
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalin-adi.html
Latest Review: French for Girls by JP Wright

Post by Kalin Adi »

I'm glad you enjoyed the book. In my personal opinion, there were good things, but there were too many wrong things as well.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

I have varying interests. Politics and economics happen to be some of them. Based on your review I can already tell that there are certain things I don't see eye to eye with the author, but I like to keep an open mind, so am definitely open to reading this book to see how the author supports her stance. Thanks for the review.
mumoscar
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mumoscar.html
Latest Review: Forbidden Someday by M. Acen
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by mumoscar »

It's true we must learn to balance our lives. Some of the problems we have are as a result of this. However, staying in the middle may not guarantee balance. Sometimes it may be interpreted as fear. I would say balance is being able to function from extreme to middle to to other extreme.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Nice review Mercy. When I was reviewing this book a while back it had so many errors it was a tough read. At least we both agree with her school of thought. Great review.
Mercelle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 10262">The Wisdom and Peace of the Teachings of the Tao Te Ching</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

This is indeed a touchy subject. Everyone has their own beliefs and convictions. Keeping an open mind in all matters is how one gets to know what works for them and what doesn't.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Nice review. I guess this is a book suitable for everyone because we all want to see our world a better place. And hopefully, eventually it will become one.
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

kislany wrote:Nice review. I guess this is a book suitable for everyone because we all want to see our world a better place. And hopefully, eventually it will become one.
Thank you. If we all play our part, it will.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad the writing isn't too complex. Very nice review. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Vickie Noel
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 86063">Are you afraid of the dark</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 868
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vickie-noel.html
Latest Review: Modern Day Cowboy by Nathaniel Sheft
Reading Device: B01C9JZEBO

Post by Vickie Noel »

My favorite mantra has always been "always strike a balance. " I'd rather attribute that philosophy to wisdom rather than fear. Keeping an open mind is key in relation to this. Glad you enjoyed the read.
Stop waiting for what you WANT, start working with what you HAVE. --- Seth Cain
Never be bullied into questioning your own credibility. --- Vickie Noel
Mercelle
Currently Reading:

Post by Mercelle »

Vickie Noel wrote:My favorite mantra has always been "always strike a balance. " I'd rather attribute that philosophy to wisdom rather than fear. Keeping an open mind is key in relation to this. Glad you enjoyed the read.
Thank you Vickie. We all do certain things because of fear, but true freedom comes when we decide to free our souls.
~OluTimehin Adegbeye

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”