Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Hello, My Love by Evy Journey

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Ferdinand_otieno
2017 Reading Goal: 200
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 94
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 584
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Review by Ferdinand_otieno -- Hello, My Love by Evy Journey

Post by Ferdinand_otieno » 10 Sep 2017, 23:38

[Following is a volunteer review of "Hello, My Love" by Evy Journey.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The quest for true love is a tale as old as time. Luckily, Evy Journey puts a twist in the book, Hello My Love. Hello My Love by Evy Journey is a romantic thriller that centers in a very specific theme, love. Can love prevail all struggles? Does it justify marriage? These are the questions I feel are highlighted in this story.

The protagonist is a law student Elisa Halverson. She is a strong independent woman who, for some time, has given up on the notion of love. Elite unknowingly develops feelings for one of her father's client, a wealthy businessman, Greg Thorpe. The story starts of on the Friday before Greg is supposed to get married to Lori, his fiance. Greg asks Elise to let him drive her home after a dinner at the Halverson home. Elite agrees but later when Greg wants to show her where he lives, she agrees to go. Greg confesses his feelings for her and after a one night stand, Elise decides to let him go since he is going to get married that very weekend.

Out of nowhere, Greg breaks off the wedding, which pisses Lori off and she promises a reckoning. Elise hears about the break up but is shocked when Greg doesn't call her or come to her. She decides he was never serious about her and decides to continue her life without him only to be shocked when she discovers months later that she is pregnant from the one night stand. How will she handle this new twist? Where is Greg and what has he been up to? Can we expect Lori to retaliate? I really find it hard to tell anything else without spoilers.

The story is a bit unorthodox from the ones I have read previously. This is because in other romantic novels the pair usually meet after a few chapters of backstory, trials and revelations but the author decided to throw them together from the first chapter. It was a new style for me but it was written marvelously. The backstory was captivating and the plot amazing. The backstory highlighted how the two first met,past relationships and how their feelings towards each other compare to those relationships. I found myself wanting to read just a little bit more from the start. I actually finished the book in two sessions because I found it extremely hard to put the book down.

The author writes in the first person and we get to not only hear from Elise's point of view but Greg's also. I found the romantic scenes jaw dropping and titillating. I would rate this book a solid 3 out of 4 stars. This is because the story was captivating and the build up was constant until the climax at the end. The story was a bit predictable but the genre itself has a specific set of rules that had to be followed.

I would recommend this book to fans of genres like romance and drama. I found no major grammatical or editing errors that affected the flow of the story. The greatest aspect of the book is that it is only the first book in a three book series and I am looking forward to reading the sequel.

Hello, My Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Like Ferdinand_otieno's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”