Review by GhadaZ -- My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
GhadaZ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghadaz.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Review by GhadaZ -- My Trip To Adele

Post by GhadaZ »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My trip to Adele is not about Adele (as it may seem). In fact, it's about different people, different countries, and different cultures.Those people have something in common: they are Adele's fans. They are trying to fix their lives through her songs. To do so, they needed to attend her concert in Vernon in Italy.

Another thing that connects these characters is their dissatisfaction with their lives: a married couple having trouble dealing with routine and faith, a divorced mother and a devoted lover. They all are searching for answers and trying to find happiness. Through Adele's songs, they are trying to give a meaning to their lives. In fact, this book is not only about these issues; it's about life.

I'm not one of Adele's fans, I only know two of her songs. This book's chapters are entitled after Adele's song and each chapter ends with a fragment from a song that's related to the situation of the characters. I believe that including both the titles of the songs and some fragments in a smart way makes the reader enjoy the book despite the fact that he is not Adele's fun. In addition, it shows the importance of music in our lives as it helps us overcome our problems.

This book is one of the best books I have ever read, it's full of details and descriptions. It tells three stories at a time and while reading it, I felt like I was visiting and discovering all the places the author described. Through this book, I learned about Islam, how atheist perceive religion and the hypocrisy behind religion. I also learned about the tribal life in Jordan, poverty in Morocco, the struggle Arab women are going through, the American dream, Italy's culture as well as love.

Although my trip to Adele is a fictional novel, it showcases real life problems one of them being love: love is hard to find and harder to keep. All the characters are struggling with their relationships and none of them is happy; they thought that they have finally found love. But, the truth is the only love that lasts is the love of a mother for her son.

This book is so captivating it only took me few hours to finish reading it which is something I don't do often. I enjoyed it because it is different from any other novel I have read before. I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars because I noticed some grammar errors.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves

Like GhadaZ's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”