Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by Eva Gallegos -- From Drift to SHIFT

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by Eva Gallegos -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post Number:#1 by Eva Gallegos
» 01 Sep 2017, 21:48

[Following is a volunteer review of "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by Eva Gallegos
Share This Review

From Drift to Shift: How Change Brings True Meaning and Happiness to your Work and Life by Jody B. Miller is a motivational self-help book, which brings comfort and strength to people struggling to find their authentic selves in life.

The contents of this book are grouped into four sections, titled as follows: Why Shift? When to Shift? How to Shift? And After the Shift? Each part contains a different set of stories. These stories belong to the people that inspire the author. The experiences shared with them are examples of the changes and setbacks that are part of life.

All these people have different backgrounds, professions, dreams, fears, even nationalities. Nonetheless, they all had to struggle through life to become who they are now. These events radically altered their perspectives and were the reason for their shifting. These situations push them forward. They were able to embrace life and be happy with who they are.

Each chapter has its own introduction and begins with a quote or phrase related to the following story. Finally, the author summarizes the most important lessons of each segment in a series of tips or thoughts titled Takeaways.

The stories were interesting and engaging, Miller successfully creates a bond between her audience and her friends or acquaintances through the book. It was a pleasant experience, I felt that I was part of the conversation. This feeling was one of the elements that attracted me most from the book. She was also very clever in supporting through evidence from various sources, most of her reasoning and conclusions. This shows the care and concern of the author for the quality of the information provided.

All the stories were incredibly moving. I am sure they will resonate with many people as some of them did with me. I was pleased that this book sounded and felt real, that the persons and the stories in it were real. At times, the lives of these people seemed like a big black hole and although they might have surrendered, they did not. It is a nice reminder that there is always hope and you can always get better.

This book has countless positive elements, one of many was the mixture of cultures and beliefs. Manoj's story made me want to take a plane to India to delve into the spiritual practices of meditation and Buddhism. Spirituality is an essential concept in this book, whether it is for Christians, Hindus or any other religion or belief system. Without faith, hope and love, any transformation process loses significance and reduces the probability of success.

Overall remarkable and touching, a perfect collection of life stories. A wonderful volume that would inspire any reader. I found this book to be well edited, skillfully structured and cleverly articulated. While providing an extensive set of lessons, the book never turns tiresome. This author offers an inspirational perspective and more than a few strategies on how to approach some difficult circumstances. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars, as I would recommend others to read it.

From Drift to SHIFT
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Eva Gallegos's review? Post a comment saying so!
Eva Gallegos's Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Eva Gallegos

Currently Reading: Writing Your First Novel
Bookshelf Size: 6 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Review by Eva Gallegos -- From Drift to SHIFT

Post Number:#2 by Miriam Molina
» 02 Sep 2017, 05:52

This book is getting a lot of perfect ratings. I am drawn to read it soon.

Thanks, Eva Gallegos, for this insightful review!
Miriam Molina

Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 439 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 105%

Post Number:#3 by Darakhshan Nazir
» 04 Sep 2017, 22:51

Plot seems interesting to me.
Great review👍
"The night wasn't dark, it was her soul"
-Darakhshan Nazir
Darakhshan Nazir

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 65%

Post Number:#4 by Bluecobia
» 04 Sep 2017, 23:09

I this sounds like a book that could benefit many people .thanks for your useful review.
Bluecobia's Latest Review: "Srepska" by Lucas Sterling
Bluecobia

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 20 Books
Goal Completion: 55%

Post Number:#5 by Eva Gallegos
» 05 Sep 2017, 19:09

Hi, thank you all for reading my review. This book is full of interesting and inspiring stories. I truly can not say anything negative about it. Miller did an incredible job with this book, and the people who participate in it are examples of constancy and strength. It is a very useful text if you are willing to read it with an open mind.
Eva Gallegos's Latest Review: "From Drift to SHIFT" by Jody B. Miller
Eva Gallegos

Currently Reading: Writing Your First Novel
Bookshelf Size: 6 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%