Forum Navigation: Forum Index » Books and Reading » Reviews and Discussions about Specific Books and Series » Volunteer Reviews

Want FREE books and FREE Amazon gift cards?

Each day we announce via email a book that is either FREE or on a temporary sale at a great discount price. These are not your average free books. These are incredible insider deals on well-rated books. OnlineBookClub.org is where tomorrow's bestsellers are born. We also give away over $1,000 per month of free Amazon gift cards in free daily giveaways, exclusively to those signed up to these announcements! Hurry, sign up free now:

Sorry, this proves you are human.

Review by Grace13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.

Review by Grace13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post Number:#1 by Grace13
» 29 Aug 2017, 23:07

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]

Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Review by Grace13
Share This Review

Raven’s Peak written by Lincoln Cole is a very well written and exciting thriller. It was action packed and kept you on the edge of your seat the entire time. When I got to the end of the book I was so excited to realize that there was another installment. I then found out that there were two installments and I look forward to continuing this amazing series.

Throughout this book there are demons at every turn. They look like absolutely normal human beings. except when the demons posses corpses and reanimate them. Haatim finds himself launched into the mix and has absolutely no idea that there was even such a thing as demons. He has a lot to take in on his run from the demons that are after him but luckily he has some help from Abigail who is very experienced when it comes to demons. Especially hunting them and killing them. She has more to do than just the missions she receives from her superiors though. Abigail is on a personal mission to find her father who saved her life when she herself was possessed by a demon. Things get very interesting when she finds out how important Haatim really is even though he has no clue what really makes him so important.

I am going to rate this book a 4 out of 4 stars. It was extremely well written and had my attention the entire time. There was never a dull moment and I absolutely did not want to set it down. The story line is fantastic. There were only a couple of errors that I noticed which is very good. It lets you know that it was professionally edited and that the author wanted it to be as perfect as possible. I would not change anything about this book to make it better because it is already so good. It was definitely not in danger of me giving it a 3 star review.

What I love most about this book is the amount of action. It never gets boring and there are never any slow spots. There is a perfect amount of violence and blood. The reanimated corpses make it even better. The detail is superb and I enjoyed the suspense as well. You will certainly never want to set this book down to stop reading.

I would absolutely recommend it to anyone who enjoys a little bit of gore here and there. It is great for those who like a lot of well placed detail. The author finds the best ways to describe the surroundings by blending them in with the ongoing story and not just taking a paragraph just to describe the surroundings that will be important. I would not recommend this to anyone who becomes easily squeamish or does not like the mention of demons. I look forward to reading more from this author and I definitely look forward to reading the next two books in this series.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Grace13's review? Post a comment saying so!
Grace13's Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Grace13

Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2 books

View Reviewer Page
Reading Device: Kindle Paperwhite
2017 Reading Goal: 0 Books
Goal Completion: 0%

Did you know?

Once you join the forums and log in you will get to enjoy a very ad-reduced experience. It's easy and completely free!

Re: Review by Grace13 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post Number:#2 by Miriam Molina
» 30 Aug 2017, 11:39

It looks like you had a great time reading this book. Your enthusiasm is palpable from your review.
Miriam Molina

Currently Reading: A Stained White Radiance
Bookshelf Size: 441 books

View Reviewer Page
2017 Reading Goal: 36 Books
Goal Completion: 111%