Review by KlareAllison -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Re: Review by KlareAllison -- Who Told You That You Were Naked?

Post by KlareAllison »

Paul78 wrote: 06 Dec 2017, 03:54 I look at this review and draw some significant lessons from it. You have given your account on the book in a very good way.
The description of the introduction, as well as showing your desire for Combs to describe how the experience at Alaska, as an adult,gives someone thirst for another Combs publications. This is, if at all, he would be willing to share it with his audience.
I have enjoyed reading your review. Kudos.

Thanks so much, Paul78, for your comments. It's good to know you drew significant lessons from my review of Who Told You Were Naked?

And, oh, I totally agree that an idea of a second book by William Combs will be awesome.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

- Mahbod Seraji, Rooftops of Tehran
inaramid
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Siege and Storm
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inaramid.html
Latest Review: The Fourth Kinetic by Brady Moore

Post by inaramid »

Thanks for this review. I don't really have a very good impression of so-called "Christian" books, and I'm glad you had a good time reading this.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:

Post by KlareAllison »

inaramid wrote: 07 Dec 2017, 00:28 Thanks for this review. I don't really have a very good impression of so-called "Christian" books, and I'm glad you had a good time reading this.
Hi, inaramid! Thanks for stopping by my review page and for your comments. I guess, different readers have different reading preferences, and it's all ok because it speaks to our individuality.
"Sometimes I find myself sitting in one spot for hours, staring at nothing, feeling nothing, and most disturbingly, caring about nothing".

Skeco
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Skeco »

Sounds like a heaven on earth plot though. Might just be an informative read. Does it carry many parallel, contemporary real world situational theories which might be offensive to Christians though? If so, what are they? I hope to speed read the book soon.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:

Post by KlareAllison »

Skeco wrote: 24 Jan 2018, 05:58 Sounds like a heaven on earth plot though. Might just be an informative read. Does it carry many parallel, contemporary real world situational theories which might be offensive to Christians though? If so, what are they? I hope to speed read the book soon.

Hi, Skeco!

Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your comments. The book is a beautiful creative nonfiction. The author immaginatively recreates the story of Adam and Even, garnishes it with his own real life experiences as a Christian and a pastor. There is nothing in the book that will be offensive to Christians.

Skeco
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Skeco »

Thank you very much Klare. Adam and Eve are a real historical mystery who'd interest anyone who actually believed in creation theories, so the book must explain a lot from the authors own perspective. From your review perhaps I first thought there were a few outlandish theories here and there of controvercial interest.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:

Post by KlareAllison »

"From your review perhaps I first thought there were a few outlandish theories here and there of controvercial interest."

No, Skeco. There were nothing outlandish I could really point to in the book. I guess its all a matter of individual perspective/judgement. Thanks, again :) .

JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

This book sounds like a great read, especially for those seeking to learn a few things about Christianity. This book doesn't sound as formal and tight as a lot of Christian reads are, which is a huge plus in my eyes. Loved the review.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:

Post by KlareAllison »

JR Mercier wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 05:23 This book sounds like a great read, especially for those seeking to learn a few things about Christianity. This book doesn't sound as formal and tight as a lot of Christian reads are, which is a huge plus in my eyes. Loved the review.
Thanks, JR Mercier, for commenting on my review. Who Told You That You Were Naked is an interesting Christian book. I find its breezy delivery very appealing!

Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

KlareAllison wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 05:50
JR Mercier wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 05:23 This book sounds like a great read, especially for those seeking to learn a few things about Christianity. This book doesn't sound as formal and tight as a lot of Christian reads are, which is a huge plus in my eyes. Loved the review.
Thanks, JR Mercier, for commenting on my review. Who Told You That You Were Naked is an interesting Christian book. I find its breezy delivery very appealing!
Hi, Klare! You're back!
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:

Post by KlareAllison »

Miriam Molina wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 05:58
KlareAllison wrote: 11 Jul 2018, 05:50
Hi, Klare! You're back!

Not yet fully back, Miriam! Just passing by - I guess I'd be needing a couple of months more... Thanks so much!

Itskai88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-itskai88.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Itskai88 »

i just finished reading this book and i must say that i was quite impressed. I personally learnt from this quote in the book “The serpent helped me realise you must have misinterpreted God’s warning”. In the society today, Christian sometimes miss misinterpret the word of God just to justify actions that God does not approve and it is also true as the book states that when all is said and done the repercussions can be very embarrassing. i also rated the book 4 out of 4, great review.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:

Post by KlareAllison »

Itskai88 wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 07:18 i just finished reading this book and i must say that i was quite impressed. I personally learnt from this quote in the book “The serpent helped me realise you must have misinterpreted God’s warning”. In the society today, Christian sometimes miss misinterpret the word of God just to justify actions that God does not approve and it is also true as the book states that when all is said and done the repercussions can be very embarrassing. i also rated the book 4 out of 4, great review.
Thanks for your comments on my review, Itskai88! Good to know you also read and were impressed by the same book.

Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

KlareAllison wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 18:46
Itskai88 wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 07:18 i just finished reading this book and i must say that i was quite impressed. I personally learnt from this quote in the book “The serpent helped me realise you must have misinterpreted God’s warning”. In the society today, Christian sometimes miss misinterpret the word of God just to justify actions that God does not approve and it is also true as the book states that when all is said and done the repercussions can be very embarrassing. i also rated the book 4 out of 4, great review.
Thanks for your comments on my review, Itskai88! Good to know you also read and were impressed by the same book.
Hey, KlareAllison, when are you really coming back? Well, at least you still pop in once in a while.
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:

Post by KlareAllison »

Miriam Molina wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 21:25
KlareAllison wrote: 18 Jan 2019, 18:46
Hey, KlareAllison, when are you really coming back? Well, at least you still pop in once in a while.
Happy New Year, Miriam! Yea, it's been quite a while, hopefully, very soon :) .

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”