Review by juliusotinyo -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Pretty

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Re: Review by juliusotinyo -- Book Blueprint by Jacqui Prett

Post by juliusotinyo »

Miriam Molina wrote:It seems the book inspired you a lot. I am thinking it's a Pretty book, in more ways than one.
Molina,
I get it :wink2: the pretty part.
Nice to see you here, thanks for stopping by.
Izesicle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izesicle.html
Latest Review: With Malice Aforethought by Thonie Hevron
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Izesicle »

I was curious about this book. I'm glad to hear that it was effective and useful for you. Hope to see your book in the review list sometime soon.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Izesicle wrote:I was curious about this book. I'm glad to hear that it was effective and useful for you. Hope to see your book in the review list sometime soon.
Hi,
Hehehe, eh my book is an instruction manual. I am an engineer, so...until i see a similar book, I'll wait.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

2,000 words to 24,000? Wow. I really need to read this book and just hope I get the same inspiration. Kudos to you, my friend.

I'm not a fan of her case against self-publishing. I'm with you. Authors should take advantage of the avenues they have available to them.

Great review!
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Mallory Whitaker wrote:2,000 words to 24,000? Wow. I really need to read this book and just hope I get the same inspiration. Kudos to you, my friend.

I'm not a fan of her case against self-publishing. I'm with you. Authors should take advantage of the avenues they have available to them.

Great review!
Hi Mallory,
Nice to see your views. Yeah the book pushed my draft to completion.

Anyway I understood her case against indies. There are some real poor books out there. Besides, she's a publisher so she won't support indies.
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

I love your personal experience with Book Blueprint. I'm assuming it helped you on a draft for a novel? I like how the book has useful points for fiction writers as well as non-fiction; although, I did find it was written more for non-fiction writers. Tips on how to figure out your target audience are useful for any type of book, though. I think indie writers can definitely get use out of this book, perhaps more so than those going the traditional route, since indie writers are often on their own to write, publish and sell their book. Knowing what makes a good book would be even more crucial for an indie writer.
* *I miss snow!* *
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

ReadingRebecca wrote:I love your personal experience with Book Blueprint. I'm assuming it helped you on a draft for a novel? I like how the book has useful points for fiction writers as well as non-fiction; although, I did find it was written more for non-fiction writers. Tips on how to figure out your target audience are useful for any type of book, though. I think indie writers can definitely get use out of this book, perhaps more so than those going the traditional route, since indie writers are often on their own to write, publish and sell their book. Knowing what makes a good book would be even more crucial for an indie writer.
Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for visiting, my book is non-fictional. I don't think I am creative enough to come up with a fictional story. Well... at least 1000 words max.

Yeah, the tips did appeal more to non-fiction writers, I agree.
Rebecca_Rivera
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readingrebecca.html
Latest Review: Weak Love and Strong Love by Hollie Jean Huff
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by Rebecca_Rivera »

juliusotinyo wrote:
Hi Rebecca,
Thanks for visiting, my book is non-fictional. I don't think I am creative enough to come up with a fictional story. Well... at least 1000 words max.

Lol. Well, 1000 words is quite a bit. Nicely done on your progress and utilizing Book Blueprint. A review and a testimonial in one!
* *I miss snow!* *
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

ReadingRebecca wrote:
juliusotinyo wrote:
Hi Rebecca,

Lol. Well, 1000 words is quite a bit. Nicely done on your progress and utilizing Book Blueprint. A review and a testimonial in one!
Hi,
Unfortunately, the editor deducted marks for the testimonial bit :(
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I agree with you that this book had no errors. There's one reviewer who downloaded a copy that had numerous errors and he didn't enjoy reading it. I guess the author must have sought professional editing after readers complained. Nice review.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Rosemary Okoko wrote:I agree with you that this book had no errors. There's one reviewer who downloaded a copy that had numerous errors and he didn't enjoy reading it. I guess the author must have sought professional editing after readers complained. Nice review.
Really! It's one of the most well presented books I've downloaded so far. Though, the author pleads a point on further editing by leaving her email attached, incase you find errors you can email her.
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

When can I see this technical book you are talking about, I'd like to review it ?
Nice testimonial.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Alicnim wrote:When can I see this technical book you are talking about, I'd like to review it ?
Nice testimonial.
Hehehe ? All in good time my dear, all in good time.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”