Review by Yemurai -- Marrying a Playboy Billionaire

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Yemurai
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yemurai.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Review by Yemurai -- Marrying a Playboy Billionaire

Post by Yemurai » 11 Aug 2017, 16:56

[Following is a volunteer review of "Marrying a Playboy Billionaire" by H M Irwing.]
Book Cover
1 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Marrying a playboy billionaire by H. M. Irwing is a typical love story that has a fascinating beginning. It is a sexy romance that tries to show how true love can never fade even through time. It also touches on how the right person can heal a heartbreak. The protagonists of the story are young, in their twenties. It’s just another predictable love story that is very unoriginal.

The story is about a girl, Aria Longbottom who has a one night stand with Justin Kay on New Year’s Eve; soon after being dumped by her boyfriend for her cousin Linda. When Justin confronts her about being the girl he slept with, she denies it. She views it as a momentary lapse in judgment and moves on. For 5 years she manages to stay away from him until business forces them to be in his office alone. Sparks fly, and she finally admits to being the girl he slept with. Justin’s mother walks in on them and suggests a marriage between the two, citing their attraction as a good enough reason to marry.

Aria agrees to the marriage because she can’t bear to let Justin go. They enter a mutually beneficial physical relationship and their feelings for each other grow. Aria then starts feeling insecure and afraid that Justin will eventually find someone better than her, and he will leave her. Justin being the handsome billionaire playboy that he is; who can blame her?

It’s a kind of boy meets girl, they fall in love, move in together and get married kind of story. The premise of the novel is unoriginal and one can predict the end just from reading the first few chapters. The plot of having a rich, handsome playboy falling for the demure, seemingly unattractive girl has been told many times before. The story felt dragged on to increase the number of pages unnecessarily. It was a very plain story and did not have any appeal or unique characteristics.

There were a few typos in the book. The fact that most of the story was just explicit sexual encounters was very disappointing. There was no sense of a real connection between the characters other than a physical one which made the book very difficult to read. The amount of foul language in the book is just staggering and if I had known I probably would not have chosen to read this book.

All in all, I rate this book 1 out of 4 stars. I could barely finish the book and only did because I always finish everything I start. I just did not find the story interesting at all. I am a fan of romance novels and find that if written properly they are able to portray true emotions and connections realistically. Although this book did not appeal to me, a person who enjoys sappy love stories with a hint of vulgar language can give this a go. I would recommend this book to readers who don’t mind an unoriginal story and love knowing the ending of the book before they are done.

Marrying a Playboy Billionaire
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Yemurai's review? Post a comment saying so!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”