Review by lifeofastoryteller -- My trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
lifeofastoryteller
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lifeofastoryteller.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Review by lifeofastoryteller -- My trip to Adele

Post by lifeofastoryteller » 10 Aug 2017, 23:01

[Following is a volunteer review of "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

My Trip to Adele, by R.I. Alyaseer, A.I. Alyaseer is based on the story of three flawed but remarkably likable people. It falls under the romance genre. R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer creates a refreshing story centering on the aspects culture, music, love, and a depth to life.

A concert held by the famous singer, Adele, becomes the main focus for three flawed yet unique stories: an unhappy married couple, a divorced mother and a devoted lover, spanning from three different countries and cultures. Elias, a Moroccan man living in Rome discovers the darkness of depression from the break-up between him and his long-lost love Malika. Nadia, a single mother from Jordan, is battling her ex-husband in the courts and doing all she can to secure freedom for herself and her only son. And lastly, Yaser, a married man living in Las Vegas, realises that his marriage is crawling all over him like a slow, painful death.

Set in the beautiful city of Verona, My Trip to Adele gives the reader a glimpse of learning the harsh truths about fate, religion, courage, desire, and guilt. I enjoyed learning about the various cultural aspects of each character throughout the novel, delving into foreign terms and places that have widened my eyes.

The theme of culture and music had me wanting to explore the homes of Elias, Nadia, and Yaser, and made me understand the discrepancies between beliefs and faiths and how that can be juxtaposed with the happiness of culture.

The issue of transitional vs. modernity throughout the novel came across as authentic to me when reading it. The three character’s of the novel struggled with their journey, avoiding their current barriers to happiness when they could, however, discovering through Adele’s songs that they had to deal with their situation.

Upon finishing the novel I would have liked to have learned more about each individual character’s backstory, but perhaps that is because I became so invested in the story. Also, at times Adele’s lyric quotes seemed somewhat forced, however, this is something to easily overlook as R.I. Alyaseer’s and A.I. Alyaseer’s writing is exceptional.

I heartily rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. This novel is a fine example of lyrical culture and romance and a thoroughly enjoyable read. I recommend this novel to romance readers and those who love the culture of the world.

My Trip to Adele.

My trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like lifeofastoryteller's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Greg Smith
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Greg Smith » 20 Aug 2017, 21:21

Thoroughly enjoyed reading this novel. I agree that it is rich in culture and that really speaks through the characters. Great review!

Bettina Knott
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bettina Knott » 21 Aug 2017, 20:35

A friend recommended this book to me. Will definitely have to give it a go I think. Thanks for your review.

readandsmile
2018 Reading Goal: 25
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 28
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile » 21 Aug 2017, 20:52

I like your review. The book seems a good story for life learning. Thank for having such a nice review. Looking forward to read more of your review.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness

Sparkles609
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparkles609.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Sparkles609 » 10 Sep 2017, 02:42

I have enjoyed reading this review because I have read this book and this review creates in the reader's mind the exact painting of the picture in the book by the authors.
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Darakhshan Nazir
2017 Reading Goal: 20
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 65
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir » 10 Sep 2017, 04:07

I have heard so much about this book . Admirable review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”