Review by Abfaniki -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by Abfaniki -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Abfaniki »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book Raven’s Peak is a work of fantasy told from a first person narrative. The book tells an exciting story about Haatim and Abigail who journey to a small town called “Raven’s Peak” in the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee to check on a report of an unusual activity of the supernaturals in the small town.

Abigail Dressler is the adopted Daughter of a legendary hunter Arthur Vangeest. Six months ago she was possessed by a demon and has to be saved by Arthur vangeest, when Arthur saved her he made a deal with the demon to be it, host now nobody knows Arthur were about after the demon possessed him. Abigail’s employer The Council of Chaldea
“Is a Multi-religious and multi-national organization dedicated to protecting the world from the supernatural.”
The council of Chaldea is made up of 30 members from different parts of the world; The Council has forbidden it, members or employee, to look for Arthur Vangeest so Abigail has made it her personal Quest to find and save Arthur for he is the only family she has.

Haatim a graduate of Theology flee from his family in India to Arizona so he could grief alone after the loss of his younger sister (He lost his faith in God with her passing away). Without a job and with nothing to do with his life Haatim, was one day in Ocotillo Library in Phoenix, Arizona when a stranger listing on his conversation with his former class mate offer him a job to help him stalk a woman who the stranger claim wanted to kill him. With the idea that he could start a crime blog Haatim accepted the Job the man offered him a compliment card that says he is George Wertman.

Abigail latest mission is in Arizona (To eliminate George Wertman a man who was possessed by a demon named Abaddon). Abaddon is the leader of The Ninth Circle Cult. While on the mission Abigail realizes she was been followed and photographed by a young man. When she did a background check on the young man she found out the young man following her was named Haatim. Abigail later found out that Abaddon has claimed for himself Haatim so that he could come back when he was eliminated. When Abigail confronted Haatim to delete the incriminating photos of her she realizes that Haatim was the son of Aram Malhotra one of the council member. So to protect Haatim she took him with her to Raven’s peak. It was on their journey to Raven’s Peak that Haatim found out that his father was a member of The Council of Chaldea. In Raven’s Peak, they came across a powerful demon named Belphegor, Haatim found his faith at Raven’s peak while Abigail found the courage to save the people of Raven’s peak.

The book has been edited and proofread. I enjoy the fast pace writing that the author has set in the first few chapter of the book. The interlude that the author has written should have been placed in the early chapter of the book. I always find it frustrating when characters are introduced late in a book just to create a background for some characters that are essential to the end plot. I find the setting of the book “Raven’s peak” quite delightful.

I rate this book Raven’s Peak 3 out of 4. I had fun reading this book the book could have been amazing if the demon Abaddon was the final villain Haatim and Abigail fought rather Belphegor.

I will recommend this book to anyone that loves a contemporary fantasy book with a scene of gore. A strong believer of good always triumph over will enjoy the book too.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Abfaniki's review? Post a comment saying so!
opinion is like ass, everyone has one and it's full of sh*t. :D :lol: :o :(
Czarmaine AM
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-czarmaine-am.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar

Post by Czarmaine AM »

I'm glad that you also enjoyed this book. This is indeed for readers who believe that good will always prevail. Thanks for sharing!
"Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night."
(The Old Astronomer to His Pupil by Sarah Williams)
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
Abfaniki

Post by Abfaniki »

Czarmaine AM wrote:I'm glad that you also enjoyed this book. This is indeed for readers who believe that good will always prevail. Thanks for sharing!
I defiantly enjoy it Haatim faith in the last plot was brillaintly poloted that I got gooseboom while reading the scene.
The character Abigail knew how to fight demon with Guns and karate. Buth Haatim showed that word could be effect in countering supernatural force.

The book was a good read thus slow pace toward the end.
Thanks for comment too.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

Hi,
Great review. It seems like you enjoyed Abaddon more than Belphegor. Personally, I don't mind either, just a good action scene.
Abfaniki

Post by Abfaniki »

Lol
Yeah
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

What an epic plot! Sounds like you enjoyed reading this book! Thanks for the review.
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I started reading this novel but didn't finish it . Now , after reading your review , I feel like I should have completed it. Great review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Abfaniki

Post by Abfaniki »

Kelebogile Mbangi wrote:What an epic plot! Sounds like you enjoyed reading this book! Thanks for the review.
Lol this one is for the shelf. Lol
Thanks

-- 18 Aug 2017, 04:38 --
Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I started reading this novel but didn't finish it . Now , after reading your review , I feel like I should have completed it. Great review

Oh! Give it a try again. :)
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

Good to know you enjoyed reading this book. I am not sure i will enjoy reading it because of its theme. Nice to share your understanding.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”