Review by Tamanna -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tamanna
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tamanna.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by Tamanna -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Tamanna »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When Abigail was told to check out some abnormal activity in the small mining town of Raven’s Peak, she never expected to take her stalker along with her. However, when Haatim was given the job to follow her he never expected to be embroiled in the affairs of the demon world, he believed it to be an easy way to make a quick buck from a paranoid man. After Haatim’s plans go awry and lead him straight into a group of demons, Abigail saves his life only to discover a secret that links him to her world. A secret that leads Haatim away from Arizona to Raven’s Peak where Abigail can check out a report of supernatural activity and keep tabs on him. But what lies waiting in the Raven’s Peak tests Abigail’s strength and determination as well as Haatim’s faith and courage.

Raven’s Peak is the kind of book that digs it's hooked into from the very start and refuses to let go, the storyline fresh in your mind and the characters present in your heart. There is Haatim, the naïve young man who’s life has been devastated by the recent death of his sister, causing him to lose faith in both his religion and his family. Then there is Abigail, the resilient and brave demon hunter who won’t stop at anything to rescue her mentor and father figure Arthur from the deep pits of Hell.

I’ve read quite a few books related to demons and demon hunters and I’ve got to say, this one definitely takes the cake. It’s unique, something that is visible from the prologue alone. Abigail’s character is one of the main highlights of the novel, an outstanding female figure who fights for the people she loves and whose strong heart makes her all the more beautiful. Next is the world itself, one where demons can escape from Hell using humans as vessels and a council that protects people and prevents them from finding out about demons. Other than the fantastic characterisation and world building, I loved the writing style and the atmosphere that Cole created, it allows the readers to properly experience the story with the characters themselves. We, as readers, are able to feel their emotions as if they are our own. Something that I believe truly distinguishes a good book from an average one. We, as readers are able to feel the characters emotions as if they are our own. For example, when Haatim was upset, I was upset, when Abigail was angry, I was angry.

Although the book was fast-paced and thrilling, one part that I did not enjoy was the extent to Haatim’s naivety which at times was a little too hard to believe. Throughout the novel, Cole did succeed in realistically portraying Haatim as a person who’s just had his whole world turned upside down but in some cases, he did seem a little too innocent. One such case was when Haatim had no idea about which end he had to shoot a gun from.

Despite its minor flaws, I would recommend Raven’s Peak to fans of supernatural novels and give it a rating of 4 out of 4 stars.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Tamanna's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Very nice review. It definitely had its own little spin on demonic activity. Glad you enjoyed it!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
jemgirl202
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 870
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jemgirl202.html
Latest Review: My Angel My Hero by Brenda E. Mcdaniel

Post by jemgirl202 »

Great Review! I enjoyed this book as well!
Wael El-Manzalawy
Favorite Book: Raven's Peak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wael-el-manzalawy.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Wael El-Manzalawy »

Hi Tamanna,
Very good review. I also think that Abigail is the best character in the story but in your review you wrote (who's) instead of whose.
lizasulit64
Currently Reading: Contact and Conflict
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by lizasulit64 »

Very nice review .i enjoy this book coingrats awesome!?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”