Review by juliusotinyo -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Okoko
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-okoko.html
Latest Review: The Sins of a Master Race by Matthew Tysz

Re: Review by juliusotinyo -- Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks

Post by Rosemary Okoko »

I read and reviewed this book. Alternative medicine has been proven to work for some patients. I would go for either so long as i get cured. Nice review.
GCamer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 484
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gcamer.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by GCamer »

Like bookiegalke, I don't think I would last 62 chapters for a book on health. I guess I could finish reading it in but not in one sitting. I might read a chapter or two every now and then finish the book in a year. Hehe! Anyway, I like your opinion especially about alternative medicine. I agree that some health beliefs are unique to one's location and so being unfamiliar with it could be two-pronged. One could become interested and try to read more about it or one could just be annoyed. But, hey, thanks for the honest review.
juliusotinyo
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliusotinyo.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by juliusotinyo »

GCamer wrote:Like bookiegalke, I don't think I would last 62 chapters for a book on health. I guess I could finish reading it in but not in one sitting. I might read a chapter or two every now and then finish the book in a year. Hehe! Anyway, I like your opinion especially about alternative medicine. I agree that some health beliefs are unique to one's location and so being unfamiliar with it could be two-pronged. One could become interested and try to read more about it or one could just be annoyed. But, hey, thanks for the honest review.
Hi GCamer,
Thanks and I appreciate your views. I might have been too biased in this one. I was a researcher once on some of the topics Dr. Tavel has mentioned and I strongly disagree. And it is not just depending on my locality but Chiropody and Homeopathy are revered worldwide. Including in the USA.

-- 21 Aug 2017, 14:40 --
Rosemary Okoko wrote:I read and reviewed this book. Alternative medicine has been proven to work for some patients. I would go for either so long as i get cured. Nice review.
Hi,
Thank you Rosemary for commenting your views are much appreciated. I recommend more research in alternative care so that it can be streamlined similar or close to modern medicine. I suffered horrendous allergies during my childhood asthma treatments from taking pills. Until my granma started boiling some weird weeds. Bitter as they were, I am cured. I read somewhere while working on a medical article that, "modern medicine's real aim is to manage symptoms not to cure!" Which is true. I'd rather be cured than take pills all my life.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

This book sounds very nice and informative! I don't know much about alternative medicine but in support of the author...I think there are many more quacks out there faking medicines and calling them "alternative medicine" without any legit knowledge on the illness or the properties needed in medicine to cure it. There is a lot of that in the alternative medicine market that's why I think it's highly criticized...
You know, anyone thinks they can be a doctor/pharmacist by mixing and matching portions. That being said, I think there are legit alternative medicine to some diseases out there..I wouldn't rule it out completely.
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

ritah,
I agree. I think I might have overdone it there. I considered his persistent criticism annoying especially on legitimate Homeopathy and Chiropody studies. Quacks are a big issue, I've seen a few.
Alicnim
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alicnim.html
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing

Post by Alicnim »

I would not agree with anyone whose against alternative therapy. It is the root of modern medicine. I wont read this book.
Latest Review: "Ever After" by H M Irwing
juliusotinyo

Post by juliusotinyo »

Not a bad book overall, maybe a few ideological differences but some of the tips are OK.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”