Review by Samantha_254 -- My Trip to Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Samantha_254
Currently Reading: To Kill a Mockingbird
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-254.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Review by Samantha_254 -- My Trip to Adele

Post by Samantha_254 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Five different lives, three separate families, but they all share one thing in common, a goal to finding their true desire. An Adele concert in Verona becomes the focus for the five troubled lives.

Elias is a Moroccan man living in Rome. He learns that a black magic spell was cast upon him but questions if the spell was the sole reason for the break-up between him and his long-lost love, Malika. He returns to the shadows of Marrakesh to search for his answer, only to wind up going to an Adele concert like he had promised eight years ago. Nadia, a single mother, is battling to secure their freedom for herself and her son in the courts against her ex-husband. All her hard work leads to her taking her son to see his idol, Adele, live. Finally, Yaser, married to Mariam, who realizes that his marriage was destined to fail from the beginning. He felt like his marriage is slowly creeping up at him like a slow, painful death. Faith was what had brought them together, and it is also tearing them apart.

All their journey to find the truth teaches them the harsh truths about desire, courage, freedom, faith, and religion.

My Trip to Adele by R. I Alyaseer is one of the well-written books where the reader can still picture setting even though they do not know anything about the place the author is talking about. The author used vivid description and precise words to describes the places. Not only was the author descriptive with the setting, but they also explained some names specific to the culture or country in brackets which allows non-native to learn and understand what was mentioned. One of the things I value when reading a book is to be able to gain new knowledge by the time I finish reading the book, and one thing I learned from the book was that fool to a Jordanian family does not mean the fool that most people know.

The three mini stories were all relatable to some extent, but some parts were questionable to how relatable they were. If that what the what the author was going for then that is a small problem, otherwise the stories were wonderful to read. The problems introduced are all everyday scenarios that could happen to anyone. Yaser’s story is about how the couple is trying to rekindle the love that had to disappear throughout their time after their marriage. Nadia is a single mother after a divorce and is fighting in a court. These stories are scenarios that are very likely to happen to anyone. Elias’s story is a bit far-fetched but still possible. The fact that the stories were all relatable is what made me love the book and its characters.

One of my favourite parts of the book was how the author explains the inner struggles of the characters. I can understand what everything Nadia is going through as a single mother. She is struggling between her own freedom and taking care of her son. This makes the character more real and more interesting. The story behind Nadia’s ex-husband was a bit vague. It would have been appreciated if it was elaborated more so the reader can understand more how important the tribe is to the ex-husband’s family and why her decisions were mostly ignored.

Nonetheless, I would give this book a 4 out of 4 all the pros compared to the cons. I would recommend this to people who enjoy traveling because the author describes the different country or culture that is brought up. Readers will be able to see how other people think of the country or how others see it. It would also be a good book to read during a plane ride when there is nothing else to do or on a regular day with no specific book in mind to read. Regarding reading level, most high school students should be able to read and understand most of the words, ignoring terms that are not native to them.

My Trip to Adele
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Samantha_254's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Gifty Naa Akushia
Currently Reading: HEALTH TIPS, MYTHS, AND TRICKS
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gifty-naa-akushia.html
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Gifty Naa Akushia »

Samantha, well done it's such a great review, after reading the review I feel like I can't wait to start reading the book my trip to Adele.
Latest Review: "Tips, Myths and Rips: A Physician's Advice" by Morton E.Tavel
readandsmile
Currently Reading: Boom! A Revolting Situation
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readandsmile.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Post by readandsmile »

Your review made me more excited to read this book on my vacant time. I like it! Good job! :lol: i love music and this book talks about music.
Reading is an antidote for...
Anger
Burdens
Discouragement
Fears
Hopelessness
Loneliness
Sadness
Tiredness

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”