Review by Sandy 96 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sandy 96
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandy-96.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Review by Sandy 96 -- Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Sandy 96 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

If you are a fan of the paranormal and supernatural world, then this is definitely the book you want to be reading right now.Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole is a book that speaks to one's imagination on an elevated level. From the first paragraph of the book, you already have questions that are begging for answers. it is a perfect blend of action, thriller and adventure so buckle up, the ride is pretty bumpy.

This book is filled with events that horror and thriller fans if i may say have imagined more than once. It kept me intrigued and moved by the way he gives his characters a life full of dilemma's that need split second decisions because their lives literally depend on them. The prelude starts us off with a locked up remorseful Reverend, Arthur, trying to elude the memories of actions in his pat. After being locked up for a while Freida, comes to seek his help in desperation knowing he would not refuse because whatever was at stake was of utmost importance to Arthur.

Abigail, given a simple task by the council gets side tracked while in the middle of completing her task and gets herself in a situation she has never faced nor was remotely prepared to face at that particular moment. She finds herself saving the life of a grief stricken young man, Haatim who then proceeds to follow her due to fear. She later comes to learn that he is the son of a powerful member of the council and to top it all off he is completely oblivious to the world she has just brought him into. Haatim, ends up in Raven's Peak with Abigail where paranormal activity which seems to be caused by the hell spawn is reported. She is faced with a demon way too strong for her and is left battling for her mere life.

At the end of the novel i felt like Cole played me because I thought i knew what will transpire between characters but I ended up dumbfounded least to say heartbroken to find out I was wrong. The book was definitely worth my time.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was well written, interesting and keeps you turning pages and apart from holding the book you will be holding your breath too. The horrific parts are not too graphic so to speak and as it is the first book of a series i am looking forward to reading the net one.

Raven's Peak
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Sandy 96's review? Post a comment saying so!
Wael El-Manzalawy
Favorite Book: Raven's Peak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wael-el-manzalawy.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Wael El-Manzalawy »

Hi Sandy,
Your review is quite good. You give your critical opinions about the book. Your review makes the reader looking forward to reading the book. But there are some spelling mistakes: you wrote the pronoun (i) in small letters two times. In the last line you wrote (net) instead of (next). I wish you good luck.
Last edited by Gravy on 20 Aug 2017, 21:25, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spamming of other members reviews
Sandy 96
Currently Reading: My Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandy-96.html

Post by Sandy 96 »

Hi Wael
Thank you for reading my review and giving an objective opinion.I will check on such mistakes on my next review.
Wael El-Manzalawy
Favorite Book: Raven's Peak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wael-el-manzalawy.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Wael El-Manzalawy »

Hi Sandy,
I hope that you will achieve progress in your job as a book reviewer.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”